BBYO is the leading pluralistic, Jewish teen movement and has been providing exceptional leadership programs and identity enrichment experiences for over 90 years. We offer year-round activities in hundreds of local communities and inspiring world-wide travel experiences enabling teens to explore areas of leadership, service, civic engagement, Israel education and Jewish values.
The Columbus City Director is a part-time position and will be responsible for up to 15 hours of work each week. Hourly compensation will be determined by experience. We are looking for someone who is passionate about working with teens, is creative, results-driven and able to deal effectively with youth and parents in sometimes difficult situations.
The Columbus City Director will:
• Inspire and support teens by creating leadership development opportunities and serving as a Jewish role model/experiential educator.
• Recruit, supervise, train, and develop volunteer advisors for the BBG and AZA chapters in Columbus.
• Oversee all aspects of the local programs and work with the Columbus chapter boards, advisors, parents and other community stakeholders.
• Partner with other Jewish agencies in the community and participate in their programming that is relative to the teen population.
• Coordinate city-wide events where the three Columbus chapters work together to plan and implement a program
• Coordinate transportation for Columbus teens to and from Regional events.
• Communicate with parents and keep them informed about local and Regional events as well as BBYO summer domestic and travel opportunities.
• Participate in professional development and other programmatic pieces that will add meaning to the local BBYO program.
• Help build a pipeline of middle school students that are ready to join BBYO in 8th grade.
• Communicate with community stakeholders with quarterly updates about Columbus BBYO.
• Serve as a staff member at all Regional conventions.
• Promote BBYO in and around the community.
Qualifications & Requirements
The ideal candidate will take an entrepreneurial approach to community organizing with demonstrated success in mobilizing others and inspiring people to take action.
• Must be 21 years or older
• Bachelor's Degree Preferred
• 1-2 years of previous work experience
• Previous experience working with kids or teens
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office and Social Media Platforms
• Team-oriented, organized, and self-motivated work style
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
|Ad Posted On||2020-09-23|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||237 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
1125 College Ave
Please apply using the link providedhttps://grnh.se/e2fc4c331us