Permanent Substitute Teacher
The Epstein School is an Independent Jewish Private School serving students in grades preschool (from three months) – 8th grade. Our school offers integrated, dual-language learning that cultivates lifelong skills, inspires Jewish identity, and nurtures curiosity, critical thinking and creativity. Epstein’s bilingual integrated program has been recognized for excellence both nationally and internationally.
Our Resource Educators are committed to providing high-quality instruction and programming. They wear a variety of hats to address needs in multiple areas of the school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carries out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans left by the classroom teacher
• Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
• Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned
• Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives
• Maintains a neat and orderly classroom. Straightens chairs, tables, and clears whiteboard, etc.
• Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures
• Ensures that the students are never left unattended in the classroom
• May perform duties usually required of absent teacher such as lunchroom duty, etc.
• Knows emergency evacuation routes for the classrooms assigned.
• Knows school procedures and regulations
• Maintain a positive and collaborative climate across departments
• Proactively participate in school community programs and events
• Monitor classroom if a teacher is teaching remotely
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Demonstrates professionalism in all job-related situations including interactions with students, parents, colleagues, and community members
• Builds strong relationships with all stakeholders
• Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication abilities
• Seeks to improve through self-reflection, constructive feedback and/or professional development activities
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office as well as other relevant educational platforms
Education & Other Requirements:
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
• Certification/License: n/a
• Experience:. Substitute teaching experience preferred. Hebrew fluency preferred for Judaic Studies assignments
About the Role:
• FLSA: Non-exempt, Hourly
• Work Days: 190
• Reports To: Head of Schoolwide Programs
• Salary: Commensurate with experience
To learn more, please visit us at https://www.epsteinatlanta.org/employment/ or apply directly at https://epsteinatlanta.wufoo.com/forms/application-for-employment/ .
The Epstein School provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual-orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, disability or handicap, citizenship status, veteran or service member status, genetic information; gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal employment opportunities refer to all terms and conditions of employment including hiring, placement, advancement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
|Benefits||This is a part=time position with the potential to become full time.|
|Ad Posted On||2020-08-12|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||231 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Focus||Education & Schools|
|Organization Name||The Epstein School|
335 Colewood Way
|Application Instructions||Please log in to Apply|