We want all applicants to be aware that even though we are dealing with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we are still recruiting for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Interviews for qualified applicants will be conducted by phone and video conferencing.
Magen David Yeshivah Early Childhood Center, a Jewish Preschool located in Brooklyn, has an opening for experienced Maternity Leave Playgroup Lead Teacher to start from September - October 2020.
Moving toward actively creating a constructivist approach to education, we are becoming a Reggio-inspired school bringing in new staff and new leadership. Our teachers participate in school-wide Professional Development programs as well as courses and conferences of individual interest. Our faculty is a true Community of Learners and teachers thrive in an environment of support and growth. Now is an exciting time to join us!
- In a classroom environment, Teachers will plan and supervise a warm, nurturing developmentally appropriate environment for the development of the whole child while integrating a program of both Limudei Hol and Limudei Kodesh under Magen David Yeshivah’s high level of care and educational standards.
- Head Teacher will design and maintain a classroom environment that facilitates active, hands-on learning, group management, self-expression and choice, and inclusion of all children, parents, volunteers and staff.
- Cultivate core Jewish values such as kindness, respect, compassion and integrity within students.
- Develop a careful and creative program suitable for preschool children.
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, media etc.) to teach children.
- Observe each child to help them improve their social competencies and build self-esteem.
- Encourage children to interact with each other and resolve occasional arguments.
- Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum (identify shapes, numbers or colors, do crafts etc.).
- Organize nap and snack hours and supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times.
- Track children’s progress and report to parents.
- Communicate with parents regularly to understand the children’s background and psyche.
- Collaborate with other educators Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards.
- Lead teacher should have a Master’s degree or be in near completion and at least 2-3 years experience working in a progressive early childhood environment.
- Hold certification and/or license in Early Childhood Education.
- All candidates should be warm, nurturing, creative, engaging, and have a passion for working with young children
- Knowledge of the Jewish Holidays
- Experience in emergent curriculum is a plus
- A background in constructivist- play based settings is a plus
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. MDY is committed to an inclusive faculty therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds who want to make a real impact on the future of education are encouraged to apply. Private transportation from Manhattan can be provided for faculty.
About Magen David Yeshivah
Established in 1946, Magen David Yeshivah is a private co-ed Jewish day school that has since produced countless successful industry professionals, lawyers, physicians, rabbis, and teachers, as well as prominent leaders at the helm of numerous organizations. The growth rate of applicants to MDY is explosive, as our community recognizes the value and merit of our creative initiatives.
Learn more and watch a video about working at Magen David Yeshivah - vimeo.com/magendavidyeshivah
|Ad Posted On||2020-08-06|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||321 times|
|Ad is posted for||120 days|
|Focus||Education & Schools, Yeshiva|
|Organization Name||Magen David Yeshivah|
2130 McDonald Avenue
Brooklyn, New York
Please apply by clicking the link below:https://mdyschool.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/8a51c5f6-dd27-db30-a6eb-8739fa9373b5/apply?source=1361168-CS-39444