Congregation Ohev Shalom, a warm, informal, Conservative-affiliated synagogue in Delaware County PA, is looking for a 3rd grade religious school teacher. Our 3rd grade Sunday curriculum is based around the Books of Genesis and Exodus, with connections to several whole-school units on middot (virtues) and mitzvot (responsibilities). In addition, student in grades 3-7 have a Wednesday afternoon session each week, which is split between instruction in prayerbook Hebrew and electives.
Due to the circumstances around COVID-19, we are especially seeking candidates who are comfortable adapting lessons to either in-person or remote learning. We will likely conduct part of the year in-person (strictly outdoors, in small groups, with safety protocols in place) and part of the year via online platforms. All Wednesday sessions will be remote, including electives.
Our idea candidate:
- loves Jewish learning and living
- has a strengths-based approach to education and classroom management
- has experience with children ages 8-9, and enjoys that particular developmental stage
- Has a basic knowledge of Hebrew letters and vowels
- Is familiar with the texts of the books of Genesis and Exodus, and is able to relay the narratives in a way that is stimulating and age-appropriate
- is open to learning new material as is needed to teach the planned curriculum
- is interested in collaboration with fellow teachers
- is comfortable with a range on online platforms, including Zoom
- is receptive to feedback and embraces opportunities to grow as an educator
- is eager to share individual talents and interests such as visual art, puppetry, drama, music, STEM, storytelling, etc...
Any in-person sessions we hold will be on Sundays between 9-12 (class sessions will be no longer than an hour, to reduce potential virus exposure, and the balance of the time will be spent on teacher training and planning).
Remote sessions will also take place within that time frame, with a structure to be determined in collaboration with the Education Director
Compensation is based on experience and training, and ranges from $30/hr to $50/hr.
For more information about our community or about this position, you can reach our Rabbi Kelilah Miller at email@example.com.
|Ad Posted On||2020-07-13|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||124 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Categories||Hebrew School/Sunday School|
|Organization Name||Congregation Ohev Shalom in Wallingford PA|
2 Chester Rd.
|Application Instructions||Please log in to Apply|