The Alvin Browdy Religious School (ABRS) at Ohr Kodesh Congregation, a Jewish Conservative supplemental school in Chevy Chase, Maryland (Greater DC area) is looking for motivated and talented teachers to join our fantastic team in the 2020-2021 school year. The school is committed to a Project-Based Learning (PBL) approach in all grades, Pre-K through 7th.
• Must be available IN PERSON & ONLINE (as needed) for school Sundays 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM and/or Wednesdays 4:15 PM - 6:15 PM. — Preference will go to qualified candidates available during both these time slots, but some positions are available for Sunday-only or Wednesday-only.
• Prior experience in a PBL or Reggio-based curriculum preferred.
• For those teaching on Wednesdays, Hebrew language proficiency and teaching experience required.
• Have access to a working computer and Zoom and be comfortable video conferencing/teaching virtually if needed.
• Must be comfortable with other virtual programs including but not limited to: Google Docs, Email, Zoom, Flipgrid, etc. (We can provide training if necessary)
• Teachers will create and execute engaging lessons, track student progress, communicate with parents and staff, and submit all administrative requirements in a timely manner
• Have energy and creativity for engaging students in an online setting
• Be creative with the ability to be flexible, receive feedback appropriately, and adjust existing lesson plans, as needed
Hourly rate is extremely competitive and determined based on experience. Please submit your resume to Leah Miller, Assistant Director of Young Family Education & Programming at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
|Duration||part-time , contract|
|Ad Posted On||2020-07-01|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||432 times|
|Ad is posted for||90 days|
|Categories||Hebrew School/Sunday School, Part Time Teaching|
|Focus||Education & Schools, Synagogue|
|Organization Name||Ohr Kodesh Congregation|
8300 Meadowbrook Lane
Chevy Chase, Maryland
|Application Instructions||Please log in to Apply|