|Printer Friendly||Email Job|
The Teacher-Director serves as the leader, facilitator, guide and co-creator of this unique and collaborative Jewish learning program for young people ages 7-11 and their parents in concert with the NS Rabbi and families. Meeting weekly on Monday evenings for an hour and a half, this program enables families who want to explore and learn together time to create community while immersed in Jewish learning, organized as a Family Beit Midrash/House of Study.
All kinds of Jewish families, regardless of background or configuration, are warmly welcomed. We acknowledge and celebrate the diversity of all participants in a safe and joyful environment. The Mishpacha Family Hebrew School cultivates Jewish identity and knowledge, while seeking social justice and peace through a Jewish lens. Parents and children partner with teachers as learners in all aspects of the program. Our modes of engagement differ distinctly from the more traditional ‘drop off’ supplemental school model.
The individual who accepts the role of NS T-D seeks to inspire learning experiences for all participants to enjoy and explore Jewish learning in such a way that each child and /or diverse learners can partake in a caring community of young people and parents. In addition, the NS T-D will support parents to play a key role in appreciating and empowering their child(ren) to acquire a jubilant Jewish education. Hebrew reading, values through Torah and prayer, and the cycle of the Jewish year form the framework of the Mishpacha curriculum.
This is a one year contract position that is up to 10 hours a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer all aspects of the Mishpacha Family Hebrew School from enrollment through Siyyum over 26-30 weeks online/ in small groups according to current COVID-19 regulations.
• Cultivate, develop and maintain relationships with each student and their family
• Establish realistic goals for the year and outline an implementation plan.
• Create weekly lessons based on the values, spirit, tone and tenor of the Mishpacha curriculum.
• Provide ongoing communication amongst the participants, the Rabbi, colleagues and BoD.
• Coordinate calendar and content with the Family Learning Circle (preschool) program in concert with the teacher and those families.
• Oversee any other teachers in the program
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum 5 years teaching and supervision experience in a Jewish education setting where parents and students participate at least part of the time.
• Ability to engage adults and children with diverse learning needs and varied backgrounds and identities
• Command of Hebrew and English
• Education Clergy degree, MJEd. or Masters in Judaic Studies or equivalent
• Compensation commensurate with experience and education, between $11,500 and $15,000
|Ad Posted On||2020-06-18|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||53 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Categories||Hebrew School/Sunday School|
|Focus||Education & Schools|
|Organization Name||Nehar Shalom Community Synagogue|
43 Lochstead Ave.
Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
|Application Instructions||Please log in to Apply|