|Printer Friendly||Email Job|
Position: Summer Assistant Director
Organization: JCC Maccabi Sports Camp
Location: Menlo College in Atherton, CA
Term: June 1, 2020 – July 31, 2020; Seasonal, Temporary
JCC Maccabi Sports Camp seeks an Assistant Director who is passionate about Jewish summer camp, interested in collaborating with other staff to plan and implement camp programs, provide supervision and structure to a fast-paced camp organization, and serve as a coach and mentor to staff and campers
The Assistant Director, a member of the summer leadership team, will play a key role in the planning and implementation of all camp programs, provide direct oversight over several key logistical areas, provide direct supervision to staff, and work to ensure the overall success of camp. Qualified applicants will be interested in helping to create fun, meaningful, and age-appropriate programs for our campers and staff. Experience working at a Jewish overnight camp is preferred, not required. While we are a camp that specializes in sports, we aim to provide our campers with a Jewish overnight camp experience that includes evening programs, Shabbat, electives, cabin programs, campfires, and much more. The Assistant Director does not have to be experienced in coaching or playing one of our core sports but should have a desire to work at a sports camp and an interest in participating in all camp programs. For additional information about JCC Maccabi Sports Camp, please visit our website at www.maccabisportscamp.org.
- Manage all elements of daily camp programming such as evening activities, electives, opening and closing ceremonies, etc. (Note: Assistant Director does not supervise Core Sports)
- Collaborate with Counselors to plan and implement of evening program and other activities
- Coordinate special events, theme days, and/or community service projects
- Manage Electives including staffing, scheduling, camper requests and assignments
- Produce daily communication for all staff to stay informed on schedule of activities
- Create and implement late-night programming for staff
- Assist with planning and leading pre-camp staff training
- Manage program supplies, including organization of program office, program supply room, and ordering supplies as needed
- Directly oversee camper and staff snack
- Contribute to overall positive morale of the camp community
- Support the successful execution of all camp policies and procedures, including safety and emergency plans
- Supervise program team staff
- Work directly with Executive Director, Camp Director and Athletic Director as a member of camp’s sr. leadership team
- Other duties as determined by Camp Director
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent professional experience required
- Experience working at residential summer camp in a management-level position preferred
- Passion for working with youth ages 8 to 15 and young adults
- Ability to support and/or teach core Jewish values of the camp
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and strong work ethic
- Ability to work collaboratively with counselors on camp programming
- Willingness to help with logistics and other needs such as procurement, transportation, administration, etc.
- Ability to work as both part of a team and independently
- Ability to handle the 24/7 environment of residential camping
The Summer Assistant Director is expected to live on camp for the duration of the summer program (June 1st through July 31st). Accommodations include a private room, shared bathroom and 3-meals a day.
Salary is competitive, dependent on experience, and may include independent pre-camp work.
About JCC Maccabi Sports Camp:
JCC Maccabi Sports Camp is an overnight specialty camp with programs in basketball, soccer, baseball, softball, volleyball, dance, tennis and running and fitness for boys and girls entering grades 4-11. Our 2-week sessions combine high-level specialized sports instruction with the fun, friendship, and community of a traditional overnight camp.
Camp is located on the beautiful campus of Menlo College, a private undergraduate school in Atherton, CA, approximately 30 miles south of San Francisco. For more information, visit our website at: www.maccabisportscamp.org.
Send Resume to Eytan Graubart, Camp Director, at email@example.com. Feel free to email with any questions.
|Ad Posted On||2020-02-19|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||137 times|
|Ad is posted for||120 days|
|Categories||Summer Staff, Other, Gym/Pool/Sports|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Youth|
|Organization Name||JCC Maccabi Sports Camp|
|Application Instructions||Please log in to Apply|