|Printer Friendly||Email Job|
Community Care Specialist
Must be available to live in Simi Valley, CA from early June through August 9, 2020
Room & board, and competitive salary are included as part of this contract position.
OVERVIEW AND PURPOSE
The Camp Alonim Community Care Specialist position is vital to the success of our summer program. This person works in tandem with year-round and summer staff on issues related to mental and emotional health. The Community Care Specialist teaches training workshops related to mental and emotional health, supports camp staff members, and interfaces daily with campers, families, and parents to ensure the best possible experience for every camper and staff member in our camp community.
- Create an environment where inclusion and acceptance are part of the fabric of camp and camp culture, supporting campers with their needs as well as empowering staff by providing tools for them to best support their campers and themselves.
- Model and advocate acceptance and understanding for campers and staff, especially as it relates to mental and emotional health.
- Work directly with campers and staff with identified mental and emotional health issues, to help them be successful at camp.
- Be in contact with specific camper parents prior to the summer, related to camper mental health.
- Maintain parent contact before and during the camp session regarding preparation for the summer session and implementation of
behavior strategies to guarantee a successful experience.
- Develop and provide a pre-camp mental health training program for staff in partnership with our year-round director team.
- Design modifications to programs and activities to accommodate children with needs related to emotional or mental health.
- Provide ongoing training and support to other staff members.
- Document all aspects of the inclusion and mental health program. Maintain ongoing written accountability regarding information
gathered, anecdotal notes, scheduling, programming, outside contacts, responsibilities, and follow up.
- Work collaboratively with the Assistant Director around camp issues including inclusion, health and safety, camper issues, and staff
- Understand the fast-paced nature of camp life and be flexible to adjust plans as necessary.
- Participate in all areas of camp that are within the scope of the role of a leadership team member.
- Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field. Previous experiences in camp, school, or similar environment is preferred.
- Experience with children, teenagers, and adult mental, social, and emotional health.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, and comfort in communicating with children, young adults, and parents.
- Attention to detail in documentation and maintaining records.
- Empathy, patience, and strong work ethic.
- Must have ability to function both independently and as part of a team.
- Must live full-time at camp in Simi Valley, CA.
JOB TYPE AND DATES
This is a temporary, seasonal summer job. The job will run from June 4 through August 9, 2020. Start date is flexible. Salary range is $9,000 - $11,000.
This position also includes a training session at the Foundation for Jewish Camp’s Leaders Assembly on March 14-15 in Baltimore, MD. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume to Camp Alonim Assistant Director Karen Garelik at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT CAMP ALONIM
At Camp Alonim, the vibrancy of Jewish life is experienced every day through music, Israeli dance, sports, arts and crafts, nature, and social action on 2,800 picturesque acres just 30-45 minutes from Los Angeles. Each activity is viewed as an opportunity for campers to discover a spark that will ignite a life-long love of Judaism. Campers are able to experience new things, build skills, make lasting friendships, explore, and have pure fun. Camp Alonim is not affiliated with any denomination or movement, welcoming campers and families of all backgrounds and levels of Jewish observance. Since 1953, thousands of “Alonimers” have experienced the joys of Jewish living in their “home away from home.”
If you have any questions, please call (805) 915-0726 or visit alonim.com.
|Benefits||Room and Board during Summer Sessions|
|Ad Posted On||2020-02-14|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||308 times|
|Ad is posted for||90 days|
|Categories||Summer Staff, Consultant|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Social Work|
|Organization Name||Camp Alonim|
1101 Peppertree Lane
Email Karen Garelik at email@example.com