|Printer Friendly||Email Job|
Title: Temporary Co-Facilitator, DOROT's Summer Teen Internship Program
Department: Intergenerational Program Engagement
Reports To: Director of Intergenerational Program Engagement
Status: Full-time from June 1, 2020-August 14, 2020
About DOROT: DOROT, which means “generations” in Hebrew, was founded in 1976. We provide a dynamic partnership of seniors, volunteers, and professionals dedicated to enhancing the lives of older adults to help them live independently as valued members of the community. Our wide array of programs – conducted on-site, in the home and in the community – are designed to combat loneliness and social isolation. Compassionate care and a commitment to excellence are hallmarks of our programs and staff.
About DOROT’s Summer Teen Internship Program: DOROT’s Summer Teen Internship Program is a nationally recognized four-week summer internship program for entering 10th – 12th graders from diverse backgrounds and experiences. The program, which operates in Manhattan, Riverdale and Brighton Beach, offers a new way for high school students to explore communal responsibility while gaining meaningful leadership experience through intergenerational community service. The program engages teens in positive experiences to build social connections among older adults who may feel isolated and to break down social barriers caused by ageism. DOORT Teen interns benefit from the wisdom and compassion of older adults, furthering their understanding of who they are and their potential impact on the world
Position Summary: We seek an experiential educator with summer camp experience for our Manhattan programs who is a creative thinker and experienced group facilitator. Ideal candidates have a passion and skill for developing teen leadership; an understanding of and ability to create meaningful intergenerational connections and the knowledge needed to put experiential learning and values at the center of the teen’s internship experience. This position collaborates with a team of DOROT staff to plan and implement the program.
• Co-facilitate DOROT’s Summer Teen Internship Program in Manhattan in collaboration with DOROT staff.
• Utilize DOROT’s existing curriculum and tool kit to plan and facilitate all program components including orientation, service-learning, teen leadership, and reflection sessions.
• Connect teens’ exploration of communal and civic responsibility to their service and intergenerational experiences in the program.
• Serve as coach and mentor to teen interns individually.
• Ensure the development of a strong collective teen cohort.
• Train and support interns to plan and facilitate intergenerational programs.
• Help manage program logistics and administrative needs including data entry.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• BA required. Graduate students welcome.
• Experience in delivering experiential teen programming
• A passion for working with high school students
• Exemplary and engaging group facilitation and mentoring skills
• Motivated self-starter who works collaboratively with team members
• Comfort and ease working with the elderly
• Excellent communication skills both spoken and written
• Comfort with Microsoft Office
|Ad Posted On||2020-02-13|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||275 times|
|Ad is posted for||90 days|
|Focus||Social Work, Youth, Senior Services|
171 West 85th Street
New YorK, New York
Please send a cover letter, resume and your salary requirements for this summer job to email@example.com