|Printer Friendly||Email Job|
About the camp:
H.E.S. Camp Oshrat is a cultural Israeli Summer Camp where Israeli and Jewish cultures are an intricate part of camp. Camp takes place in Mill Basin. Our camp serves about 250 campers ages 3- 14. Camp runs July 1 to Aug 19.
We are seeking a mature, responsible, nurturing Unit Head who is energetic, creative, enthusiastic and well organized with strong communication and leadership skills.
• Evidence of leadership skill and capacity with groups of 100+ campers and staff
• Strong background and experience in camping and/or related fields
• Desire and ability to work with children and adults in the camp setting
• Ability to creatively plan & schedule programs and activities, and to maximize the skills & talents of staff members
• Ability to give & take constructive criticism
• A college undergraduate degree
• Must be a self-starter and able to work with a minimum of supervision
• Must have leadership skills, ability to motivate, and manage
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Overseeing all Unit activity
• Supervision and continuing training of counselors throughout the summer
• Communication with parents regarding camper well-being and growth
• be out and about throughout each camp day to supervise
• Responsible for confirming daily attendance, schedule, transportation and changes
• Plan special unit times and events
• Address camper behavioral and emotional/social issues
• Be a source of knowledge and a leader for group counselors with regards to camper behavior management techniques, ideas for filling time with fun games and activities, and ways to encourage camper participation and excitement.
Camp runs 6/29 to 8/19. M-F 7:00 am-6:00 pm. Additional administrative days required to attend prior to the start of camp, staff meetings, and extended day and overnight trips during the summer.
The Hebrew Educational Society, a thriving multi-service, comprehensive community center located in southeast Brooklyn, provides a diverse array of programs and services within a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment that is inclusive of people of all ages and ability levels.
Programs include Early Childhood, After School, Camps, Athletic, Older Adults, People with disabilities, as well as programs to address the multiple needs of a burgeoning Israeli and Orthodox Jewish community.
Camp Oshrat is our cultural Israeli camp that offers varied activities and programs focused around Israeli culture, fulfilling the cultural and social needs of the Southeast Brooklyn Israeli Community.
|Ad Posted On||2020-02-10|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||124 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Community Centers|
|Organization Name||Hebrew Educational Society|
9502 Seaview Ave
Brooklyn, New York
|Application Instructions||Please log in to Apply|