|Printer Friendly||Email Job|
About the camp:
H.E.S. Camp Oshrat is a cultural Israeli Summer Camp where Israeli and Jewish cultures are an intricate part of camp. Camp takes place in Mill Basin. Our camp serves about 250 campers ages 3- 14. Camp runs July 1 to Aug 19.
We are seeking a Camp Director who is energetic, creative, enthusiastic and well organized with strong communication and leadership skills that has knowledge and a strong connection to Israel and its culture.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• planning, directing, supervising, and implementation of all aspects of running the Camp
• Recruiting, interviewing, and coordinating staff for the summer
• Leading in the creation and implementation of staff training, manuals, and orientations
• Supervising Unit Leaders and ensuring a high-quality of camper and staff management throughout the summer.
• Ensuring that all safety procedures are strictly enforced and any incidents are both handled in a timely and appropriate manner
• Communicate, establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with children, young adults, families, and staff.
• Work in a fast-paced work setting both independently and as part of a team.
• Effectively develop program curricula for children and teens.
• Make responsible decisions and respond calmly in stressful situations.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have had 3+ years’ experience working with children in a comparable capacity
• Have had 1-3+ years’ experience supervising staff
• Evidence of leadership skill and capacity
• Strong background and experience in camping and/or related fields
• Desire and ability to work with children and adults in the camp setting
• Ability to creatively plan & schedule programs and activities, and to maximize the skills & talents of staff members
• Ability to give & take constructive criticism
• Have a valid Driver’s License
Prior to the camp season, this is a flexible position where your hours will be based on availability and needs. Once the summer season begins, camp runs 6/29 to 8/19. M-F 7:00 am-6:00 pm. Additional administrative days required to attend prior to the start of camp, staff meetings, and extended day and overnight trips during the summer.
The Hebrew Educational Society, a thriving multi-service, comprehensive community center located in southeast Brooklyn, provides a diverse array of programs and services within a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment that is inclusive of people of all ages and ability levels.
Programs include Early Childhood, After School, Camps, Athletic, Older Adults, People with disabilities, as well as programs to address the multiple needs of a burgeoning Israeli and Orthodox Jewish community.
Camp Oshrat is our cultural Israeli camp that offers varied activities and programs focused around Israeli culture, fulfilling the cultural and social needs of the Southeast Brooklyn Israeli Community.
|Ad Posted On||2020-02-10|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||186 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Community Centers|
|Organization Name||Hebrew Educational Society|
9502 Seaview Ave
Brooklyn, New York
|Application Instructions||Please log in to Apply|