|Printer Friendly||Email Job|
Guest Cantor for High Holidays
Kehilat Shalom Calgary is hiring a Guest Cantor for its 2020 (5781) High Holiday services. The Guest Cantor will co-officiate the 2020/5781 Kehilat Shalom Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur services with the congregational Rabbi.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Co-lead congregational services for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur; specific prayer service assignments will be determined based on the candidate’s strengths and abilities
• Develop ideas to engage meaningful congregational participation in High Holidays
• Lead parallel Family program for parents and children on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur mornings; OR lead main congregation Torah service independently (without assistance from rabbi)
- Ability to engage congregation in music and prayer
- Good musical voice
- Knowledge of High Holidays Nusach
- Experience as ‘Kol-Bo’ running services autonomously
- Experience leading/coordinating programming for families & children
- Personable nature and ability to connect with members and young families
- Strong Jewish background, previous experience in leading services esp. High Holidays
Kehilat Shalom Calgary is an independent, egalitarian congregation based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with services held at the Calgary Jewish Community Centre (JCC). Kehila services follow the Conservative/Masorti tradition. High Holiday are held on Erev Rosh Hashanah evening, Days 1 & 2 mornings, and Tashlich; as well Yom Kippur Kol Nidre/Ma’ariv evening services, Shaharit/Mussaf in the morning, and Mincha/Ne’ilah at conclusion. A Family Program is held on the mornings of Rosh Hashanah (both days) and Yom Kippur. Up to 100 people attend each service, and the congregation is growing.
We request that you submit a resume along with sound files to Kehilat Shalom Calgary by Monday, February 17, 2020. Applications received after that date are at risk of being late for the congregation’s hiring process for this year.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.
|Benefits||Transportation, accomodation and meals will be included within overall contract.|
|Ad Posted On||2020-01-29|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||411 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Organization Name||Kehilat Shalom Calgary|
Kehilat Shalom Calgary
c/o 11 Sinclair Crescent SW
Calgary, AB, non US
Please submit résumé and sound files to email@example.com by Friday, February 14, 2020. Applications received after that date are at risk of being late for the congregation’s hiring process for this firstname.lastname@example.org