|Printer Friendly||Email Job|
Modern Hebrew Specialists and Teachers needed:
Sunday mornings (Seattle) for K-2nd graders
Thursday evenings (Seattle) for 3rd-6th graders
Temple De Hirsch Sinai is looking for someone with basic-advanced modern Hebrew abilities.
We are looking to hire ASAP.
We are looking for people who love to be around kids and engage them in an interactive way to gain appreciation of the Hebrew language, learn basic spoken phrases, be able to respond to basic instructions, and incorporate basic Jewish vocabulary/Hebrew vocabulary into their lives.
Our program is based on the Hebrew Through Movement Curriculum. HTM specialists will rotate between classes and engage students in an interactive way.
Our philosophy: Guide students in an exploration of specific topics through focused choices allowing us to follow their lead in creating meaningful Jewish learning experiences. Students are not merely empty vessels in which we are meant to deposit information. Our role as adults is to facilitate their engagement with Jewish life and learning.
What YOU Bring:
• Love of working with children, and be personally enthusiastic about the Hebrew language.
• Desire to instill a positive connection to Hebrew for your students.
• Compassionate approach and desire to create positive relationships with each of your students.
• Willingness to employ creative methods to reach all learners.
• Willingness to work with supervisor to achieve maximum performance in the classroom.
• Ability to collaborate with other grade level teachers.
• Desire to maintain a warm, safe, organized and dynamic classroom environment that encourages inquiry and curiosity.
• Desire for ongoing learning.
. Willingness to be flexible as we test out a new model of Hebrew learning.
What WE Provide:
• Competitive pay
• Significant professional development- paid opportunities*
• Supervisory support and guidance
• A growing and dynamic community
• Clergy support and guidance
• The ability to fit this into your schedule and geographic location!
*We have a unique opportunity to offer our teachers opportunities to further their Jewish education online, in person, and at conferences. We will pay for your professional development as well as for your time spent learning. This is an exciting opportunity that is ONLY AVAILABLE at TDHS.
Positions open ASAP.
Temple De Hirsch Sinai is the leading Reform congregation in the Pacific Northwest. With two distinct campuses covering the greater Seattle area, we serve more than 1,700 member families through thought-provoking programs, award-winning educational offerings, professional staff and outstanding clergy.
We welcome everyone in the Temple community as a member of our family–Jewish and interfaith families, Jewish singles and single parents, youth and the elderly, Jews of color, LGBTQ families with or without children, and people with disabilities.
If you have questions, please contact:
Stacey Delcau, Director of Education email@example.com
Check us out at www.tdhs-nw.org
|Ad Posted On||2020-01-12|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||144 times|
|Ad is posted for||120 days|
|Categories||Hebrew School/Sunday School, Part Time Teaching|
|Focus||Education & Schools, Youth|
|Organization Name||Temple De Hirsch Sinai|
1511 E Pike Street
Email your resume and cover letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org