|Printer Friendly||Email Job|
Berkshire Hills Eisenberg Camp is a nonprofit Jewish summer camp and retreat center. It is situated on a 640 acre campus in Copake, NY, 2 hours from New York City. Retreat groups of 20 to 300 people are provided with accommodations, facilities, kosher food service, and programming. The retreat center has 80 motel-style private rooms with a capacity of 200, and we also host retreats at our children’s camp with a capacity of 350 people. BHEC’s Retreats Director will be responsible for the on-site operation of retreats. Retreats run from May 1st through September 24th. Types of retreat groups frequently include school and synagogue shabbatons, family reunions, dance groups, short camps, weddings, and more. This is a seasonal position.
• Train and supervise staff: Kitchen staff, waiters, housekeepers, maintenance, and lifeguards.
• Primary host of the retreat groups and act as the point-person for all retreats on site.
• Be the liaison between the retreat’s group leader and the staff.
• Supervise all aspects of the Retreat Center.
• Schedule staff time off.
• Provide customer service and create lasting relationships between retreat groups and BHEC.
• Create the conditions to offer the best retreat possible for our guests.
• Physically reside on site during the summer, from May through late September.
• Serve as a member of the Berkshire Hills leadership team.
• Work cooperatively with the food service director and the operations director
• Enthusiastic salesperson
• Warm host
• Strong problem solver
• Detailed oriented planner
• Strong trainer/facilitator
• Calm under pressure
• Ability to work independently
• Caring management style for a staff made up largely of international students.
• Minimum B.A. from an accredited college or university.
• Experience working with Jewish populations and knowledge of Jewish customs.
• Demonstrated successful experience in hospitality and operations.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Be comfortable with computer programs (Word, Excel) and be a quick learner with new software
• Summer camp experience a plus
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Seth Gutkin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary $700-$900 per week commensurate with experience. Private room and board included. For more information go to https://www.bhecamp.org/group-rentals/
|Duration||full-time , contract|
|Benefits||Private room and board included.|
|Ad Posted On||2020-01-10|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||336 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Community Centers|
|Organization Name||Berkshire Hills Eisenberg Camp|
159 Empire Road
Copake, New York
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Seth Gutkin at email@example.com://www.bhecamp.org/group-rentals/