|Printer Friendly||Email Job|
Open positions: 9-12noon Sunday mornings.
Seattle- 7th Grade
We are also always looking for substitutes that are available on Sunday for one or both campuses. Please contact us for details.
7th Grade curriculum is focused on Israel
Lesson plan support provided. Other teachers in the same grade to collaborate.
What YOU Bring:
• Love of working with children, and be personally enthusiastic about Judaism.
• Desire to instill pride in your students.
• Compassionate approach and desire to create positive relationships with each of your students.
• Willingness to employ creative methods to reach all learners.
• Willingness to work with supervisor to achieve maximum performance in the classroom.
• Ability to collaborate with other grade level teachers.
• Desire to maintain a warm, safe, organized and dynamic classroom environment that encourages inquiry and curiosity.
• Ability to foster respect for others, a commitment to Jewish values, and Tikkun Olam (repairing the world).
• Desire for ongoing learning.
• Ability to foster student collaboration.
Come to us with some knowledge of Jewish values, Jewish history, Jewish holidays, or Jewish text (depending on position) and we will give you what you need to be successful!
Unique talents or interests are welcome! Singers and guitar players, those with artistic or culinary talents, teachers who love the outdoors and/or have camp counselor experience, those with technical/social media skills, and teachers who can involve students and parents in social action projects are a plus!
What WE Provide:
Significant professional development- paid opportunities*
Supervisory support and guidance
Grade level team support and learning opportunities
A growing and dynamic community
Clergy support and guidance
The ability to fit this into your schedule and geographic location!
*We have a unique opportunity to offer our teachers opportunities to further their Jewish education online, in person, and at conferences. We will pay for your professional development as well as for your time spent learning. This is an exciting opportunity that is ONLY AVAILABLE at TDHS thanks to the generosity of the Bobbi and Bob Bridge Teacher's Endowment Fund.
Positions are open for the 2019-2020 school year.
Temple De Hirsch Sinai is the leading Reform congregation in the Pacific Northwest. With two distinct campuses covering the greater Seattle area, we serve more than 1,700 member families through thought-provoking programs, award-winning educational offerings, professional staff and outstanding clergy.
We welcome everyone in the Temple community as a member of our family–Jewish and interfaith families, Jewish singles and single parents, youth and the elderly, Jews of color, LGBTQ families with or without children, and people with disabilities.
If you have questions, please contact:
Stacey Delcau, Director of Education firstname.lastname@example.org
Check us out at www.tdhs-nw.org
|Ad Posted On||2019-12-30|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||137 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Categories||Hebrew School/Sunday School, Bnai Mitzvah, Substitute Teacher|
|Focus||Education & Schools, Synagogue, Youth|
|Organization Name||Temple De Hirsch Sinai|
Temple De Hirsch Sinai
1511 E Pike Street
Seattle , Washington