|Printer Friendly||Email Job|
Federation is seeking an experienced part time director to manage two important programs for 15 hours per week during the period Jan 13 to June 30, 2020. The successful candidate will understand the volunteer-professional partnership and provide professional leadership to 1) Federation’s Women’s Philanthropy event in May and 2) Federation’s Leadership Workshop initial phase.
The Women’s Philanthropy annual event is an important recognition and stewardship opportunity featuring a high-profile key note speaker already under contract. The director will work with a volunteer committee, build consensus and oversee all aspects of the event. In 2020 the event serves to recognize and honor the women philanthropists of Jewish Federation and to bring the community together to better understand and counter the current epidemic of anti-Semitic hate and violence.
The director will manage all aspects of the event with vendors and the Jewish Campus, work internally with the Director of Marketing and Communications and Finance and energize and administer all aspects of event related fundraising.
The Community Leadership Workshop is a 20-month program designed for volunteers who offer significant leadership potential to their congregation or agency. Participants are nominated by their synagogue or agency. In addition to 10 local and regional sessions, participants will have the opportunity to learn more about leadership, innovation and Rockland’s ties to Israel by participating in an inspiring 5-day seminar in Israel.
The Leadership Workshop Director will co-lead the Leadership Development workshops, including but not limited to hiring and engaging educators/facilitators, orienting participants, tracking attendance, and coaching participants. In addition, the professional will assist in the program design, land arrangements and learning in Israel.
The successful candidate will be a member of Federation’s professional leadership team and must participate in the work of the team which may include participating and assisting with activities outside of their direct areas of responsibility.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Minimum 5+ years of fundraising, planned giving or program management experience
• Motivated self-starter who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Creative, organized and exceptionally dependable
• Detail-oriented, with strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent donor relations and donor stewardship experience
• Proven track record with program planning and execution, including creating and managing timelines and work plans; sourcing vendors; managing speakers/faculty; and team management
• Deep understanding of and success with fundraising best practices
• Must possess solicitation skills and experience, as well as campaign data analysis for reporting
• Knowledge of Federation philosophy and national system helpful
• Knowledge of Jewish Community, customs and traditions and knowledge of Israel a plus
• Familiarity with resources available in NY/NJ area
• Part-time position 16 hours weekly, must be flexible with hours
• Some evening or Sunday work required
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required. Master’s degree in social work, business or Jewish studies a plus
• Sense of humor and ability to collaborate with others a must
About Jewish Federation and Foundation
The Jewish Federation and Foundation of Rockland County provides leadership to inspire, build and sustain a more vibrant Jewish Community. It advocates and educates on behalf of Israel and fights anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry. Federation helps Jews in Rockland, Israel and around the world through Compelling Needs grants. And Federation convenes the local Jewish community to take collective action whenever necessary. During the past several years Federation has utilized a strategy of Community Weaving to break-down organizational silos, find common ground and through innovation and collaboration across organizational lines work in pursuit of shared values and goals.
The Federation is located on the Jewish Community Campus in West Nyack, New York
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter high lighting your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Ad Posted On||2019-12-24|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||344 times|
|Ad is posted for||90 days|
|Categories||Other, Part Time Teaching|
|Organization Name||Jewish Federation of Rockland County|
450 W. Nyack Rd.
W. Nyack, New York
|Application Instructions||Please log in to Apply|