|Printer Friendly||Email Job|
Jewish Federation is looking for its next Camp Gan Shalom Director
The Jewish Federation of the Greater San Gabriel and Pomona Valleys’ mission is to build community by strengthening and enhancing Jewish life. We do this by providing programs and services that support the needs of the Jewish community in our region, and acts as the Jewish voice on issues that affect the greater Jewish community.
One of our many programs is Camp Gan Shalom, a Jewish summer day camp for entering Kindergarten – 10th graders. Our unique program, broken into three distinctly different programs – Kehilla (entering K – 5th grade), Manheegim (6th – 8th grade), and our CIT program (9th & 10th grade), is designed to engage the campers in a fully interactive camp experience that will help them create lasting memories by combining the fun of traditional camp activities while being immersed in Jewish themes and culture.
We are looking for a highly motivated, out-going, energetic, detail-oriented candidate to be our next Camp Director for Camp Gan Shalom.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Program Development and Implementation
- Oversee all aspects of Camp Gan Shalom’s program, including, but not limited to:
• Development of a marketing plan for the camp
• Preparation of marketing, registration, and evaluation materials
• Promotion of camp awareness in the community through presentations at schools and other venues
• Interviewing and hiring of camp staff
• Working with each camp’s Program Directors to develop and create camp programs, including
? Creating camp schedule
? Leading camp field trips
? Camp Staff Orientation and training
• Ensuring the ultimate safety of the campers and staff
- Write a monthly Camp Director Program Report to the Jewish Federation’s Executive Director and Board of Governors. This brief summary should highlight and provide monthly updates on all camp-related activities/developments
- Ensure that Camp Gan Shalom’s information on the Jewish Federation’s website is up-to-date and relevant
- Meet with the Executive Director on a regular basis to discuss and update on the planning and development of Camp Gan Shalom.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop Camp Gan Shalom’s budget and monitor Camp Gan Shalom related- income and expenses to ensure that the program is being run in a fiscally sound manner
A successful candidate will also possess a positive attitude, ability to motivate, inspire and lead staff, creativity, a sense of humor, dedication, and ability to see the “big picture” and the interconnectedness of all that the Jewish Federation provides.
Preferred experiences include past camp experience (i.e. camper and camp counselor/director), managing staff, and/or classroom teacher.
Position will begin in January and run through August. Salary range is $9,000 - $10,000, depending on experience. Time commitment will vary. Roughly 3-5 hours a week to start, then slowly increasing as the start of camp approaches.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
|Ad Posted On||2019-12-03|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||501 times|
|Ad is posted for||120 days|
|Categories||Summer Staff, Other|
|Focus||Camps & Camping|
|Organization Name||Jewish Federation of the Greater San Gabriel and Pomona Valleys|
114A West Lime Avenue
|Application Instructions||Please log in to Apply|