|Printer Friendly||Email Job|
Position: Summer Program Director
Organization: JCC Maccabi Sports Camp
Location: Menlo College in Atherton, CA
Term: June 1 – July 31, 2020 - SEASONAL POSITION
The Program Director, a member of the summer leadership team, will play a key role in the planning and implementation of all camp programs. Qualified applicants will be interested in helping to create fun, meaningful, and age-appropriate programs for our campers and staff. Experience working at a Jewish overnight camp is preferred, not required. The Program Director must be a team player, as this person will work closely with other staff members to create and implement programs. While we are a camp that specializes in sports, we aim to provide our campers with a Jewish overnight camp experience that includes evening programs, Shabbat, electives, cabin programs, campfires, and much more.
The Program Director does not have to be experienced in coaching or playing one of our core sports but should have a desire to work at a sports camp and an interest in participating in all camp programs.
About JCC Maccabi Sports Camp
JCC Maccabi Sports Camp is a Jewish overnight sports camp with programs in basketball, soccer, baseball, volleyball, and tennis, for boys and girls entering grades 3-11. Our 2-week sessions combine high-level specialized sports instruction with the fun, friendship, community and programming of a traditional Jewish overnight camp.
Camp is located on the beautiful campus of Menlo College, a private undergraduate school in Atherton, CA, approximately 30 miles south of San Francisco.
For additional information about JCC Maccabi Sports Camp, please visit our website at www.maccabisportscamp.org.
- Manage all elements of daily camp programming such as evening activities, Maccabi Cup (color war), electives, opening and closing ceremonies, etc. Note: Program Director does not supervise our sports program.
- Plan and implement evening programs
- Coordinate special events, theme days, community service projects etc.
- Manage Electives including staffing, scheduling, camper requests and assignments
- Create and implement late-night programming for staff
- Assist with planning and leading pre-camp staff training
- Contribute to overall positive morale of the camp community
- Serve as a member of camp’s leadership team
- Support the successful execution of all camp policies and procedures, including safety and emergency plans
- Supervise program team staff
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Experience working at residential summer camp in a management-level position preferred
- Passion for working with youth ages 8 to 16 and young adult staff
- Ability to support and/or teach core Jewish values of the camp
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and strong work ethic
- Ability to work collaboratively with counselors on camp programming
- Willingness to help with logistics and other needs such as procurement, transportation, administration, etc.
- Ability to work as both part of a team and independently
This is a temporary, seasonal position. The Program Director is expected to live on camp for the duration of the summer program.
Salary is competitive, dependent on experience, and may include independent pre-camp work.
Complete the online application, which can be found on our website: http://www.maccabisportscamp.org/work-at-camp
Contact Eytan Graubart at email@example.com or at (415) 997-8844 with any questions.
|Ad Posted On||2019-11-20|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||183 times|
|Ad is posted for||120 days|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Youth|
|Organization Name||JCC Maccabi Sports Camp|
|Application Instructions||Please log in to Apply|