|Printer Friendly||Email Job|
The Judaic Coordinator should:
• Bring a broad Jewish knowledge base to the camp community.
• Be comfortable exploring and providing Jewish experiences in a pluralistic context.
• Work well under pressure both as an individual and as part of a team with co-staff from
• Be creative, positive and enthusiastic with the campers and co-staff.
• Maintain a level of professionalism and customer service when dealing with complex
issues or concerns that affect the camp program.
• BE FLEXIBLE AND HAVE FUN!!
Specific Responsibilities and Expectations
• Work closely with the Assistant Director to develop age-appropriate, experiential, Jewish
education curricula at camp.
• Supervise camp staff in implementing the curricula during the camp season.
• Serve as the Liaison for the Cornerstone fellows, supervise and oversee the development
and implementation of their in-camp programs
• Coordinate and participate in all aspects of Shabbat programming, including camper-led
Shabbat services, creative prayer experiences and Havdalah services, with staff and
• Organize and, if needed, facilitate Bar and Bat Mitzvah tutoring.
• Act as a resource and actively pursue opportunities to work with all camp staff as they
work to integrate positive Jewish values into the overall camping experience.
• Oversee the programmatic aspects of jewishly focused special days, including but not
limited to Yom Israel and camp’s observance of Tisha B’Av.
• Take a leadership role in planning and implementing Jewish educational components of
staff enrichment and professional development opportunities at Staff Orientation,
Leadership Team Orientation and throughout the summer.
• Meet regularly with Assistant Director and Unit Leaders to plan and coordinate special
• Attend, participate and, as directed, conduct staff training sessions before and during
• Participate, in a senior staff role, in general camp activities as assigned – this includes,
but is not limited to: “on-duty”, camp trips, etc.
|Benefits||Leadership training seminar in NYC, access to rich curriculum bank, vibrant peer-to-peer network, mentor facilitated site visit, commensurate salary|
|Ad Posted On||2019-10-17|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||357 times|
|Ad is posted for||180 days|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Education & Schools|
|Organization Name||Capital Camps located in Waynesboro, PA|
11300 Rockville Pike
|Application Instructions||Please log in to Apply|