We want all applicants to be aware that even though we are dealing with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we are still recruiting for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Interviews for qualified applicants will be conducted by phone and video conferencing.
Magen David Yeshivah is looking for Full-Time and Part-Time Hebrew Speaking Judaic Studies Substitute Teachers Grades 6-8 for the 2020-2021 school year at our Brooklyn school. We are a Reggio-inspired school actively creating a constructivist approach to education. All lessons will be instructed in Hebrew with focus on teaching Torah Shebikhtav and / or Torah She-Be-alpeh, while cherishing and celebrating the existence of the modern State of Israel, and supporting it through prayer and deed. Alongside the instructed subjects, high importance is placed on instilling in the children a passion for becoming independent lifelong learners and maintaining a love of learning throughout their life.
Our teachers participate in school-wide Professional Development programs as well as courses and conferences of individual interest. Our faculty is a true Community of Learners and teachers thrive in an environment of support and growth. Now is an exciting time to join us!
- Collaborating with the lead teacher in planning the curriculum and reviewing lesson plans.
- Preparing and studying the material to be taught, in order to be knowledgeable of the objectives of the lesson.
- Communicate with parents and school counselors on student progress.
- Evaluate each student’s growth in knowledge and skills in the course being taught.
- Cultivate core Jewish values such as kindness, respect, compassion and integrity within students.
- Familiarity with current technology and integrating it into the classroom and lesson plans.
- Substitute Teachers must have a high school diploma.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a purposeful mission driven environment. MDY is committed to welcoming the perspectives of an inclusive staff, all candidates who want to make a real impact on the future of education are encouraged to apply.
Established in 1946, Magen David Yeshivah is a private co-ed Jewish day school that has since produced countless successful industry professionals, lawyers, physicians, rabbis, and teachers, as well as prominent leaders at the helm of numerous organizations. The growth rate of applicants to MDY is explosive, as our community recognizes the value and merit of our creative initiatives
Learn more and watch a video about working at Magen David Yeshivah - vimeo.com/magendavidyeshivah