Accounts Payable Bookkeeper
• Join our team! We are seeking an essential member of our administrative staff. The Conservative Synagogue in Weston, Florida seeks a reliable, detailed, and customer-oriented accounts payable bookkeeper for immediate hire. In this key position for the organization, this individual will be responsible for synagogue’s bookkeeping and accounting functions as well as financial reporting. This is a 25-30-hour a week position, working Tuesday through Friday. As a critical member of our staff we expect this person to be a team player and be willing to pitch in as needed.
• Duties include working closely with our management team to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and manage invoices. Our ideal candidate holds a Finance or Accounting degree and is proficient with accounting software.
- Manage all accounting programs.
- Keep detailed financial records.
- Process all Accounts Payable and ensure expenditures have the necessary approvals and are within budget.
- Resolve all billing and payment issues.
- Prepare payroll, quarterly returns and annual reports.
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc reports for the Executive Director, Board of Trustees and Finance Committee.
- Generate year-end payroll documents & donor receipts
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the general ledger.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements to the general ledger
- Review monthly financials with Executive Director and Board Treasurer
- Maintain chart of accounts and bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintain and reconcile the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly recurring journal entries.
• Bachelor of Science in accounting, a plus.
• Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience, previous nonprofit or religious institution experience preferred.
• Minimum 2 years payroll processing experience required
• Excellent computer skills, with significant experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite [Excel, Word, PowerPoint] and Quickbooks.
• Aptitude for quickly learning new online and database systems, with experience and proficiency in ShulCloud a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent phone and customer service skills, including the ability to respond promptly and courteously to inquiries from synagogue members and the Board.
• Strong attention to detail, with ability to ensure accuracy and meet deadlines.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
The position reports to the Executive Director and supports the Board Treasurer and Executive Director. Compensation commensurate with experience.