ABOUT THE POSITION
The Jewish Center, in Princeton, New Jersey, is seeking a full-time Communications and Social Media Manager to oversee all communications originating from the synagogue and school, including publications, website management, social media management, marketing, advertising and public relations. We’re looking for someone with a background in traditional internal/external communications, who’s also open to leading marketing and social media work. We want a strategic thinker who’s proficient at implementing their creative ideas to help raise awareness of our synagogue.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
• Manage communication plan in collaboration with all synagogue groups including daily and weekly email communications
• Responsible for the upkeep of the synagogue website including making sure all events are current and accurate
• Update and maintain the synagogue calendar including room usage and maintenance set-ups
• Post regularly on all social media sites including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok and others
• Establish and maintain relationships with local news media, website, blogs and other local organizations
• Maintain a press release program and current list of contacts
• Regularly update and distribute (weekly/monthly) printed newsletters, e-news, e-mails, website content, and social media content, etc.
• Responsible for preparing the monthly bulletin on a timely basis adhering to deadlines.
• Maintain and update the TJC website(s) to maximize information communication and acquisition with members and the community at large
• Coordinate video production for the development of special events, programs, critical messaging, etc.
• Book and organize all monthly zoom meetings and programs distributing log-in information to all groups
• Compose internal emails to staff about programming and operations updates
• Develop and managesa digital and email marketing content calendar
• Plan and execute digital fundraising campaigns and email appeals
• Manage photos and upload videos on a daily basis to synagogue You Tube channel
• Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy, building our following and presence
• Mange all contact lists in Shul Cloud
• Create Events in Shul Cloud for ease of use for participants
• Support the Congregation in effectively utilizing Zoom and other online platforms.
• Maintain on-line presence in Google, LinkedIn and other applicable sites
• Take photos at all events and activities and uploading them to the website in a timely manner
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or relevant field
• Two to Five years of experience.
• Understanding of Jewish ritual, holidays and customs
• Understanding of non-profit, educational or religious organizations a must
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, organizational skills, creativity, imagination and the ability to make TJC shine in words and design
• Exceptional customer service and phone skills
• Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
• Able to handle confidential information professionally
• Desktop publishing, photography and website maintenance software knowledge
• Familiarity with Shul cloud desirable
• Ability to function well in a team and to work well with staff, board members and community members
• Capacity to provide both vision and attention to detail
• Flexible and can work with minimal supervision
• Strong knowledge of communication channels and techniques
• A reliable individual who can work independently but also as part of a team
• Comfort working in a synagogue community comprised of many members
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, Social Media sites with an interest in learning to use other programs as needed
• Ability to work hours above and beyond regular schedule
• Working knowledge of photo and video-editing software is preferred
HOURS: FULL TIME
• Tuesday through Thursday 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
• Friday 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
• Sunday 9:00 – 12:00 PM
• Nights and Weekends as needed for special events and projects
• Closed on Mondays
SALARY and BENEFITS
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Benefit package available including vacation, Jewish holiday time off and complimentary synagogue membership
• Health insurance available
If you feel this job is fo*************************be accepted.