Hillel International is seeking a passionate and driven marketing and/or fundraising professional to serve as the Project - Campus Marketing and Development Manager. This is a four-month position lasting from December 1, 2020 – March 26, 2021 while another employee is on parental leave.
The campus marketing and development manager will be responsible for supporting the grassroots fundraising and marketing efforts of three campus Hillels at Stanford University, the University of Arizona and the University of California, Berkeley. Top candidates will have a strong background in digital marketing and/or fundraising, with an emphasis on writing and design, developing impactful campaigns and using data-driven strategies to produce results.
This position will report to the Vice President of Marketing for Hillel International, and location is flexible as the work will be done remotely. The salary for this position is $55,000-$65,000, pro-rated to the period between December 1, 2020-March 26, 2021.
What You’ll Bring to the Position
- 2-5 years of work experience in marketing and/or fundraising
- History of planning and executing successful digital and multichannel campaigns
- Excellent written communication skills
- Superior organizational, planning and project management skills; must be detail-oriented
- Sophisticated understanding of audience segmentation and using data to inform decision-making
- Experience creating content for digital and social media
- Knowledge of email marketing platform(s) such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar programs
- Graphic design and photo editing experience using the Adobe suite, Canva, or similar software
- Familiarity using a database or CRM to build reports and/or segment audiences
- Passion for entrepreneurship and pioneering new projects
- Positive attitude and flexible approach
- Connection to Jewish life and/or Hillel
What You’ll Own
- Plan, implement and execute multichannel fundraising and marketing campaigns for Berkeley Hillel, Stanford Hillel and University of Arizona Hillel from mid-December to mid-March, including:
* Digital and social media fundraising
* Direct mail fundraising program
* Telefund strategy and management of vendor(s)
- Optimize campaigns for cadence, messaging, and segmentation to maximize income
- Lead direct response fundraising when opportunities arise
- Incorporate A/B testing, personalization and other digital marketing best practices
- Create digital and social media advertising campaigns on Facebook/Instagram and other platforms, optimizing copy, images/video, and audiences for conversion
- Use reporting tools to measure and monitor the progress of the overall campaigns in order to meet or exceed fundraising goals
- Successfully manage concurrent timelines and campaigns for all three Hillels
- Potential to provide leadership and mentoring to marketing and development student interns
What You’ll Get out of the Position
- Great professional development, mentoring, skill building opportunities and continuing education
- A passionate, friendly, and motivated team that loves to work collaboratively.
- Independent and hands-on work in an exciting environment.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace
Hillel International Marketing Team Values
- Hard Work – Going above and beyond to reach our goals
- Data-Informed Decisions – Using past results to inform decisions and support future outcomes
- Creativity – Working collaboratively to turn good ideas into great ideas
- Preparation – Planning ahead allows us to do our best work and to be flexible in the moment
- Gratitude – Acknowledging and thanking our partners, both internal and external. It takes a village.
About Hillel International
Founded in 1923, Hillel has been enriching the lives of Jewish students for more than 90 years. Today, Hillel International is a global organization that welcomes students of all backgrounds and envisions a world where every Jewish student makes an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Hillel is dedicated to enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults at more than 550 colleges and universities and inspires them to direct their own path. During their formative college years, students are challenged to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives.
About Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.