Hillel International is seeking a creative and passionate digital and social media marketing professional to serve as the Manager, Campus Digital Marketing Program. This new position will be charged with managing and training a team of 15-20 digital marketing student interns based at colleges and universities in two major metropolitan areas in the U.S. Each intern will be responsible for identifying and interacting with Jewish students on digital and social media.
Top candidates for the position will be proven content creators for brands and organizations, well-versed in crafting engaging written, photo and video campaigns on digital media, and on social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and Snapchat. The strongest candidates will also possess the demonstrated ability to pass that skill set on to others as a coach, mentor and trainer.
This position will report to the Vice President of Marketing, and will be based in Washington D.C. or New York City. Highly qualified remote applicants will also be considered.
What You’ll Own
- Collaborate with staff members at 5-7 designated campus Hillels to identify and recruit 15-20 paid student digital engagement and marketing interns
- Partner with an external digital marketing and coaching agency to develop training modules and curriculum, with clearly defined goals and outcomes
- Supervise training of student interns in digital/social media content creation for all platforms
- Use lead generation and marketing best practices to help participating campus Hillels reach Jewish students, and engage with them through digital and social media channels
- Create original social media templates using the Adobe Suite, Canva and/or similar tools, which students interns can then use to customize for their Hillels
- Manage the overall project in order to meet and surpass digital and social media key performance metrics (KPMs) at all levels of the marketing funnel. KPMs include:
* Engagement – Number of students actively engaged through a share, comment or link click
* Lead Gen – Number of new students identified with contact information
* Conversion – Number of students who initially engage digitally, and eventually connect in-person or virtually by participating in a Hillel event
- Test and pilot a variety of strategies for digital and social media engagement, documenting outcomes, and sharing learnings with all staffed Hillels through HillelU and the Hillel Hub
- Provide regular instruction, training, coaching and feedback to student interns
What You Do Well
- Create compelling content for digital media, websites and social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat and Facebook for brands and organizations
- Have experience crafting compelling digital marketing and advertising campaigns, with successful outcomes and measurable results
- Exceptional visual storytelling skills; video production and editing experience a big plus
- Superior writing ability, including versatility to compose engaging written content for different mediums such as a website, email or Twitter
- Demonstrated ability to craft successful paid media campaigns using Facebooks Ads Manager and Google Ads
- Familiarity supervising early-career professionals and/or interns; experience in training, coaching or consulting a plus
- Understanding of how to evaluate the success of campaigns, including tracking key outcomes and performance metrics
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; must be detail-oriented and able to deliver results on multiple priorities simultaneously
What You Will Bring to the Job
- 4-6 years of work experience in digital and social media content and/or marketing
- Deep understanding of engagement on TikTok, Instagram and other social media
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to adapt quickly to changing trends in digital/social media and higher education
- Knowledge of Jewish customs, values, traditions and humor
- Patience, empathy and compassion when training, mentoring and coaching others
- Proficiency in HTML 5 or similar coding language a plus
What You’ll Get Out of It
- Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace (~$60k-$65k per year)
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Independent and hands on work in an exciting environment
- Be a pioneer; part of a brand new initiative that could expand if successful
What We're About
Hillel International is the largest Jewish campus and community-based organization in the world serving the college-age population. Working with hundreds of thousands of students globally to help Jewish students make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel, Hillel serves students at more than 550 colleges, universities and communities. Hillel meets all of these students during this most formative time of their lives and engages, educates and inspires these future leaders to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel International Marketing Team Values
- Hard Work – Going above and beyond to reach our goals
- Data-Informed Decisions – Using past results to inform decisions and support future outcomes
- Creativity – Working collaboratively to turn good ideas into great ideas
- Preparation – Planning ahead allows us to do our best work and to be flexible in the moment
- Gratitude – Acknowledging and thanking our partners, both internal and external. It takes a village.
About Hillel's Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center
Hillel's Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.