Congregation Beth Israel (CBI) in Scottsdale, Arizona is a 600-family unit Reform congregation which was established in 1920. In addition to our congregation’s campus in Scottsdale, which includes the Chanen Preschool, Haberkorn Religious school, and Stein Family Mikvah, we also own and operate the Beth Israel Memorial Cemetery in downtown Phoenix and Camp Daisy & Harry Stein in Prescott.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Marketing and Communications Specialist to manage our internal and external communications. You will support our professional team in the creation of top-notch marketing and communications. You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on our congregation’s behalf. Ultimately, you will act as our CBIs ‘brand’s voice’ to excite our members and attract new families.
-Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
-Strong organizational/management skills and intuitiveness
-A strong sense of self and a high level of emotional maturity
-A warm and nurturing personality
-Agility with multi-tasking, managing multiple projects, and attention to detail
-A reliable individual who can work independently but also as part of a team
-Comfort working in a synagogue community comprised of many members
Hours: Full Time
• Monday through Friday 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
• All High Holy Days (Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur)
• Weekends as needed for special events and projects
This position will report to the Chief Communal and Executive Officer (“CCEO”)
1. Develop and implement strategic marketing and communication plans to promote all aspects of CBI in a cohesive and unified way (CBI Brand)
2. Develop and execute overall marketing and communication plans for special events, Services, programs, and projects
3. Regularly update and distribute (weekly/monthly) printed newsletters, e-news, e-mails, website content, and social media content, etc.
4. Maintain and update CBI website(s) to maximize information communication and acquisition with members and the community at large
5. Establish ways to build CBI brand awareness on various media platforms including social media, press releases and communication with local media and Jewish communal agencies
6. Coordinates video production for the development of special events, programs, critical messaging, etc.
7. Oversees virtual streaming capability and maintains strong relationships with vendors
• 3-5 years proven work experience as a Marketing and Communications Specialist
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• Working knowledge of photo and video-editing software is required
• Hands-on experience with web content management tools, WordPress and Canva preferred
• Working knowledge of Constant Contact and Formstack
• Solid understanding of project management principles
• Ability to easily learn and adapt to synagogue database systems and technology, experience with Membership Management (MM2000) preferred
• BS in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or relevant experience