New York, NY
Who We Are and Your Opportunity for Impact
RootOne is an exciting new initiative that seeks to directly impact the future landscape of North American Jewish life. Seeded by a generous gift from The Marcus Foundation and powered by The Jewish Education Project, RootOne provides major subsidies for trip participants (called RootOne Vouchers), invests in elevating trip curricula and experiences for teen participants, and works with its partners to create deeper pre- and post-trip engagement opportunities to help strengthen participants’ Jewish identities and connections to Israel before they begin college.
RootOne’s vision is to inspire and invest in 10,000 Jewish teens to travel to Israel on immersive Israel trips by 2025, to create and implement standards of excellence for Israel trip curricula and pre- and post-trip engagement, and connect thousands of Jewish teens to meaningful Jewish opportunities as they progress to the next stage in their lives. Learn more at www.RootOne.org.
The Jewish Education Project has been devoted to ensuring that Jewish education is in tune with the forces that impact our world and our communities in a changing environment. We are a New York-based agency and beneficiary of UJA-Federation of New York, working closely with educational leadership in day schools, congregations, early childhood settings, teen programs and beyond to spark and spread innovative approaches that expand the reach and increase the impact of Jewish education for children, teens, and families. With a focus on serving New York (the five boroughs of NYC, Westchester, and Long Island), The Jewish Education Project is also engaged in a number of national initiatives supported by major foundations. The Jewish Education Project has established itself as a leading organization in transforming Jewish education.
We are committed to being at the forefront of ensuring that Jewish education remains relevant and meaningful in the lives of Jewish youth and their families today and tomorrow. For more information about RootOne and The Jewish Education Project, please visit www.rootone.org and www.jewishedproject.org
RootOne seeks an experienced, motivated and creative marketing and communication professional to lead the development and implementation of the initiative’s strategies for marketing, brand management, communications, and public relations.
Poised for remarkable growth in the coming years, RootOne is looking to broadly and powerfully communicate its current goals and objectives, the opportunities it offers to North American Jewish teens and families, and its exciting vision for the future to a diverse set of stakeholders.
The Director of Marketing and Communications must be creative, understand the teenage media space, and enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced, mission-focused, results driven, and community-oriented environment. Reporting to RootOne’s Executive Director, the Director of Marketing and Communications will be part of a rapidly growing initiative that looks to make a transformative impact on North America Jewish youth.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for crafting, developing, executing and evaluating RootOne’s marketing, communications and public relations strategy and goals. In addition, the Director of Marketing and Communications will support the marketing and recruitment strategies of RootOne’s grantees in an advisory capacity. Specific responsibilities include:
• Build and implement a nation-wide strategy to market RootOne vouchers and grantees (Israel trips) to Jewish families to meet annual registration goals
• Oversee editorial direction, brand voice, design, production and distribution of all RootOne materials (including print and digital channels, etc.)
• Spearhead the full expansion of the RootOne website
• Create and design marketing strategy and templates for youth organization partners to utilize in marketing their own trips as needed
• Partner with RootOne Executive Director and The Jewish Education Project CEO to craft and implement a Thought Leadership strategy for teen Israel travel
• Work closely with Senior Management and program staff to offer clear strategic direction in marketing and communications
• Work closely with lay leaders to bring their wisdom to strategic communication-based decisions as well as to help them message the work of the initiative in succinct, compelling ways
• Lead production of promotional materials (videos, print, SWAG)
• Determine and implement the strategy for all communications and public relations messages to consistently articulate RootOne’s mission and impact
• Bring RootOne’s brand to life by developing breakthrough messages, stories, and communications for various internal and external audiences, including members of the Board, staff, educational stakeholders, donors, and foundations.
• Coordinate and seek media interest and speaking opportunities for RootOne and its work, and develop relationships with reporters in Jewish and secular press
• Expand and elevate our social media presence to build our reputation online, including through Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Experience, Qualifications, and Competencies
• Minimum of 8 years of experience and demonstrated success in marketing, communications or public relations (or equivalent combination of experience + graduate degree in communications, marketing, PR, journalism, or related field).
• A natural strategist, who can lead and guide, while also maintaining the skills of a creative
• Exceptional visual branding, writing, messaging, editing, and storytelling abilities/skills, making programs and concepts understandable and compelling to varied target audiences
• A persuasive and passionate communicator, both written and oral
• Keen understanding and hands-on experience with integrated digital marketing strategies, platforms, and associated tools including Salesforce (or other CRM), email marketing (ConstantContact, MailChimp, Pardot or similar), YouTube, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, emerging platforms), Google AdWords, etc
• Strong project management skills, with ability to keep multiple projects moving forward simultaneously
• Unwavering commitment to quality materials and data-driven evaluation
• Experience and relationships with traditional and digital media. Solid personal contact list in Jewish media a big plus.
• A self-directed professional who has passion, humility, integrity, a positive attitude, and the ability to develop relationships with a wide variety of people
• A consummate team player who works adeptly cross-functionally and can manage internal and external relationships (including vendors)
What We Offer
• Three weeks paid time off in year 1; increasing incrementally on a set schedule
• Comprehensive health insurance
• 401k plan
• Commuter benefits
• Closed for most Jewish holidays
• A positive work environment with exposure to great learning opportunities and the chance to work with some of the top professionals in the field of Jewish Education
How to Apply
• Please submit resum****************************b title in the email subject line
• The Jewish Education Project is an equal opportunity employer
Location: Remote until January 4, 2021 / 520 Eighth Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10018
The Jewish Education Project aims to select, place and train the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class. We encourage and support diversity and tolerance in our workplace.