The Office Manager/Communication Associate will be the hub of the office at Congregation B’nai Tzedek. This position will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with senior staff, clergy, lay leaders, and congregants and performs administrative and communications support.
Office Manager Responsibilities
• Maintain member database including membership information, donations, dedications and yahrzeits.
• Maintain synagogue internal calendar
• General office and administrative support
• Assist with Board meeting preparation as requested by Executive Director
• Maintain Executive Director, hard copy files
• Assist Executive Director on congregation communication including, thank you letter, and donor acknowledgements
• Oversee office supply maintenance and acquisition
• Assist with voice mail maintenance; review and recording messages.
• Order memorial plaques, maintain appropriate files, and provide instructions to maintenance on placement
• Manage facility rentals, including tours of the facility as needed
• Coordinate with Executive Director and communicate security schedule for synagogue events
• Place service calls for office equipment
• Oversee food orders
Communication Associate Responsibilities
• Prepare all synagogue correspondence: weekly newsletter, monthly newsletter, and other congregational communications
• Build a social media strategy in partnership with the Executive Director and Program Director and execute.
• Work with Executive Director to create social media calendar and execute the calendar
• Become the congregations ShulCloud (Customer Service Management software) expert
• Maintain and update the web site in a timely manner, including design, forms, content and the on-line calendar.
• Interact in a positive, professional manner on behalf of Congregation B’nai Tzedek with congregants and members of the community via phone, e-mail, and mail
1. Bachelor's degree including communication would be helpful
2. Non-profit experience preferred, but not required
3. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel and Outlook
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills
5. Detail-oriented and able to multi-task
6. Flexibility to accept new responsibilities and direction as necessary
9. Ability to prioritize
10. Ability to undertake multiple deadline-driven tasks
11. Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
12. Ability to be receptive to and accepting of guidance from others
13. Ability to deal with difficult people and problems
14. Ability to work with a diverse group of people
15. Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders, including colleagues, members, volunteers, lay leaders, donors, and visitors.