The Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative support for Gateways’ Chief Executive Officer (CEO), both responding to and proactively anticipating the CEO’s needs. The Administrative Assistant also plays a critical role on the Development team, providing support to achieve the organization’s fundraising goals. The Administrative Assistant is often the first point of contact at Gateways, and plays a critical role in presenting a warm, friendly, and professional face for the organization. As the assistant to the CEO and primary staff support to Gateways’ Board of Directors and lay leadership, this position provides an excellent learning and growth opportunity and visibility into the workings of a small and dynamic non-profit. This is a year-round, 40 hour/week benefits-eligible position.
Duties and Responsibilities (note – our office is currently closed due to COVID, and some of these responsibilities may be different or not applicable while the position is operating remotely):
Support of the CEO:
• Manage calendar and travel arrangements
• Maintain electronic and paper files
• Prepare routine and non-routine correspondence and other written materials
• Coordinate meeting logistics including set-up and clean up
Support of the Gateways Board and Development:
• Coordinate planning for Gateways Board and Committee meetings, including scheduling, preparation and dissemination of agenda and materials, and meeting set-up/clean-up
• Attend Gateways Board meetings (approximately ten evenings/year), prepare first draft of meeting minutes for review
• Support of CEO’s fundraising activities, including weekly planning meetings with Development team
• Assist Development team with fundraising campaigns and fundraising events ranging from parlor meetings to Sweet Sounds, Gateways’ annual major fundraiser.
• Support the CEO and Development Director in various stewardship and cultivation activities, including gift acknowledgements.
General administrative/other responsibilities:
• Greet visitors to the office and share phone answering responsibilities
• Other duties as assigned
• Energetic, positive self- starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work creatively and flexibly
• Proficiency in utilizing technology to complete work efficiently, including use of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word. Other technical skills/experience (PowerPoint, Intuit QuickBase, WordPress) and social media skills are a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills
• The ability to balance multiple priorities with good judgment
• Discretion and professionalism in maintaining confidentiality of sensitive business matters
• Ability to be poised, welcoming, and personable in interacting with all members of Gateways as well as visitors and phone contacts
• Professionalism and sensitivity in interacting with a diverse population, including individuals with special needs
• An understanding of and a willingness to contribute to our mission and vision
• Demonstrated commitment to organizations with one or more similarities to Gateways (educational settings; small/growing organizations/non-profits; Jewish institutions)
• Ability to work occasional evening meetings
• BS/BA degree
Salary range depending on experience: $35,000-$40,000 plus benefits.
About the Organization:
Gateways provides high quality special education services, expertise, and support to enable students with diverse learning needs to succeed in Jewish educational settings and participate meaningfully in Jewish life. For more information visit our web site at www.jgateways.org.
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted only through our online system at http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.