ABOUT AMERICAN FRIENDS OF MIGDAL OHR
American Friends of Migdal Ohr (AFMO), was created in 1987 to support the work of Israel’s leading children’s charity, Migdal Ohr. AFMO capitalizes on a small, dedicated, versatile staff to raise funds needed to support the life-changing work of Migdal Ohr in Israel.
AFMO is seeking to expand our reach by adding a full-time development professional to our powerhouse team. Our culture is collaborative. We work closely together and have an “all hands on deck” approach to many projects. This is an outstanding opportunity for a self-starter to make a mark. In a growing organization such as ours, roles and responsibilities often blur and overlap, providing abundant opportunities for an individual who wishes to stretch their skill set.
We are seeking an individual who possesses a passion for the organization’s mission and is committed to helping us achieve our goals. Team players please apply!
The Development Manager will collaborate extensively with the Executive Director and other members of the US and Israeli team to ensure that AFMO achieves and exceeds its fundraising and communications goals. As a member of the team, he/she will review, refine and extend existing strategies ultimately contributing to a robust, long-term development plan.
Specific Duties Include:
• Build, develop and foster ongoing donor relationships
• Create outreach that raises awareness of Migdal Ohr to bring foundations and corporations into the fold
• Plan, manage and execute events that increase visibility; cultivating new donors and increasing giving from existing donor base
• Enhance existing donor relationships while building systems and programs that further tap into the generosity and resources of the community
• Develop grant opportunities as a means of increasing funding
• Write and edit grant applications, proposals, foundation reports and other funding correspondence to convey the importance of supporting Migdal Ohr
• Identify, recruit, and manage a young leadership volunteer group
• Spearhead events, crowdfunding and identify 3rd-party fundraising opportunities
• Collaborate on marketing and communications initiatives to expand and enhance Migdal Ohr’s visibility and reputation in all communities
• Ensure effective and timely donor communications
• Dedicated and dynamic professional who takes initiative
• Passion for the organization’s mission and commitment to our goals
• Team player with excellent work ethic
• Tech and social media savvy
• Strong computer skills including Office 365 & Adobe Creative Cloud
• Creative, organized and detail oriented
• Above average written communications skills
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience including donor stewardship, general fundraising and event planning
• Working knowledge of Hebrew language a plus
ABOUT MIGDAL OHR
Migdal Ohr, one of Israel’s largest nonprofits, raises Israel’s most vulnerable youth to become thriving, successful adults. We give our children the support and education they lack to overcome socio-economic barriers and realize their full potential.
Migdal Ohr has over 20 different enrichment programs, 15 schools, 8 day care centers, 160 after-school youth clubs, and operates 3 vast campuses with residential housing.
Migdal Ohr reaches over 10,000 children and youth annually, giving each one the love and attention they deserve.