The Epstein School is an Independent Jewish Private School serving students in grades preschool (from three months) – 8th grade. Our school offers integrated, dual-language learning that cultivates lifelong skills, inspires Jewish identity, and nurtures curiosity, critical thinking and creativity. Epstein’s bilingual integrated program has been recognized for excellence both nationally and internationally.
Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer, primary responsibilities include the school-wide strategic direction of marketing and communications efforts in support of the school’s mission and vision. The Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications will provide the team with mentoring, growth, and learning opportunities.
Specific duties include:
• Provide planning and leadership to the marketing and communications team by ensuring that the appropriate structures, competencies, and values are developed to strategically implement the school-wide marketing plan.
• Oversee and mentor the Digital Media and Communications Coordinator.
• Lead and collaborate with Marketing Committee.
• Responsible for identifying best practices and industry standards to ensure that Epstein is at the forefront of marketing and communications trends.
• Developing and maintaining brand messaging and graphic identity to support the school’s mission and vision, including creating consistency of proactive and reactive communications from educational leadership, as well as advancement and enrollment purposes.
• Lead establishment of short- and long-term communications plans that support the marketing strategy, including school community, local, regional, and national media outreach.
• Serve as an active member of the Crisis Response Team and handle any emergency related communications.
• Lead website redesign/upgrade effort(s) to ensure that it is optimally user-friendly for our audience, as needed.
• Lead and oversee social media strategy and messaging efforts.
• Further establish a process by which all departments on campus efficiently support the goals of and are supported by the marketing and communications team.
• Develop and oversee the marketing and communications budget in consultation with the Chief Advancement Officer and Director of Admissions.
• Handle the demographic evaluation and placement of all advertising; gather and report measurement data as available.
• Assist the Advancement, Admissions, and Leadership teams, and others, with copywriting and editing of correspondence, appeals, etc.
• Develop and maintain relationships with freelance designers, photographers, and print partners.
• Report on marketing and communications activities to senior leadership colleagues.
• Support major school events and initiatives through the production of online and print invitations and collateral support.
• Provide support for school events as needed.
• Assist in development, implementation, and tracking of strategic initiatives across the school.
• Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Advancement Officer and/or Head of School.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Strategic thinker
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills
• Strong knowledge of social media
• Collaborative style/team player
Education & Other Requirements
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or a closely related field
• Minimum 5 years of experience
• Education and/or non-profit experience preferred
About the Role:
• FLSA: Exempt, Salaried, Full-time, Benefits-Eligible
• Reports To: Chief Development Officer
• Salary: Commensurate with experience
• Work Days: Monday – Friday; regular business hours
• Physical Demands: Routine physical activity associated with normal office environment
To learn more, please visit us at http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx or apply directly at http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx .
The Epstein School provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual-orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, disability or handicap, citizenship status, veteran or service member status, genetic information; gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal employment opportunities refer to all terms and conditions of employment including hiring, placement, advancement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.