The Center for Pastoral Education on and the Division for Religion Leadership seek a full-time Administrative Assistant.
The Center for Pastoral Education at JTS provides clinical and academic programs in pastoral care and counseling. The Center is an accredited center for Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) and provides experiential learning internship in chaplaincy contexts in hospice, eldercare, prison, reentry, and others. All JTS rabbinical and cantorial students participate in at least one CPE program; at JTS they are joined by students from other seminaries and faith backgrounds. The Center also offers a Certificate in Pastoral Care and Counseling.
The Center is one of five discrete entities of the Division of Religious Leadership: The Rabbinical School, the H.L. Miller Cantorial School, the Center for Pastoral Education, the Block/Kolker Center for Spiritual Arts, and the Nishma Summer Institute. It includes overseas programs in Israel, field placements in the NY region and across North America, and many grants that support JTS students in their work in synagogues, schools, summer camps, college campuses, nursing homes, hospices, prisons and reentry programs.
Center for Pastoral Education Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support by
• General office administrative support (including monitor****************viding administrative support for the implementation of the CPE program (receiving and organizing CPE applications; assisting in enrolling students in CPE; processing student stipends; preparing materials for orientation and other programs)
• Providing external administration (communication and organization for Site Placement contracts in locations where students serve as chaplain interns and ACPE satellites)
• Maintain files as required by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (student files, contracts, Exit Interviews, official ACPE Documents)
• Collects data for program evaluation and improvement and for grants reports
• Do mailings, communication and logistics for special events (such as the Annual Fundraiser)
• Administration for ACPE Accreditation Site Visit (oversee collection of assessment data for review and oversee logistics for visit)
The Administrative Assistant for the Center for Pastoral Education will work closely and collaborate with the Administrative Assistant for the Division of Religious Leadership (DRL) who provides basic administrative support for all components of the DRL with an emphasis on internal JTS administration, including:
• Greet visitors; phone messages
• Room reservations
• Catering orders
• Meetings and appointments
• Student merit award entries
• Speaker contracts, tax forms
• Reimbursement requests
• Special event materials
When needed, the Administrative Assistant will assist with these tasks.
The CPE Administrative Assistant will also work with the DRL and will
• Collect data for grant reports
• Track the award of stipends and approved reimbursements for DRL programs
• Oversee filing of position request forms, outside speaker contracts, tax forms, and rental contracts for external facilities for special programs
• Organize meetings of DRL professional staff, advisory boards and committees
• Event planning: organize budget, rooms, catering and materials for orientation, minimester, conferences, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3+ years of experience
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Exceptional computer skills