Dix Hills Jewish Center (DHJC), a vibrant Western Suffolk synagogue, is accepting applications for the position of Executive Director.
DHJC is a dynamic, participatory, egalitarian, synagogue predicated upon the three traditional Hebrew terms for synagogue – Beit Tefilla- a House of Prayer, Beit Midrash-a House of Study and Beit Knesset – A House of Assembly.
The Executive Director is a key management leadership position assisting the lay leadership, clergy and staff with all operational activities at the DHJC.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supervising administrative office personnel including the bookkeeper
• Overseeing all building operations
• Oversight of Financial Management
• Attend committee and Board meetings
• Grant writing/oversight
• Assist in fundraising activities
• Manage physical facilities including security systems
• Ensure proper customer service for congregant needs
The candidate should have advanced proficiency in EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Word, have excellent organizational writing and listening skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5+ years of administrative & project management experience with a not-for-profit and/or religious organization
Please send a resume and cover letter including descriptions of positions with relevant experience, and demonstration of successful expertise in the core requirements of the position.