GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
Wilshire Boulevard Temple is looking for a full-time development associate to join our Advancement Department.
The ideal person will possess exceptional organizational, technical and communications skills; will be punctual, reliable, detail oriented and a team player, with the ability to manage multiple tasks quickly and accurately. This position will provide administrative support to the Director of Institutional Advancement and the Advancement team.
• Manage gift processing and prepare thank-you letters to donors using Raisers Edge software
• Draft correspondence on behalf of Clergy and Senior Staff to thank donors for pledge payments and donations
• Manage the tribute process, including: processing gifts, donor acknowledgements, recipient notifications
• Manage gift agreements including campaign pledges, acknowledgements and payment reminders
• Generate campaign updates
• Conduct prospect research; prepare personal solicitation materials
• Produce weekly, monthly and year-end fundraising reports, including monthly board reports
• Prepare year-end invoices/letters; acknowledgements of payments
• Facilitate large donor/prospect mailings
• Assist with and attend fundraising and stewardship events
• Undergraduate degree
• Experience with database management and knowledge of/experience with Raisers Edge (or similar) preferred
• Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills, with attention to detail
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet savvy
Other vital qualities include:
• People-oriented, collaborative and dependable
• Ease communicating with others in writing, in person and over the phone
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Familiarity with and interest in the Jewish religion and customs
One of our country’s most highly respected Reform congregations, Wilshire Boulevard Temple has been responding to the needs of the Los Angeles Jewish community since our founding in 1862 as Congregation B’nai B'rith, the first synagogue in Los Angeles.
We have two locations to serve our families: our historic Erika J. Glazer Family Campus in Wilshire Center/Koreatown, and our modern Audrey and Sydney Irmas Campus in West Los Angeles, with early childhood, elementary and religious schools at both campuses. Also located at the Glazer campus, the Karsh Family Social Service Center offers an array of services, including: eye and legal services and a food pantry, and soon to open, the Audrey Irmas Pavilion, a celebration space and home to the Wallis Annenberg Center for Dignified Aging. Due to the total destruction of our camp property in Malibu, our two summer camps, Camp Hess Kramer and Gindling Hilltop Camp, will be at a temporary site for several years.
Cover letter along with resume must be submitted for consideration******************