Our client is the Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas. www.jewishdallas.org
The Chief Development Officer is a new position and is responsible for planning, implementing, growing and evaluating the overall campaign initiatives for the Federation through the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual, corporate, foundation and other donors and prospects. Develops and implements the strategies necessary to develop donors and contributions. Strategically manages the relationships with relevant Board and Lay Leadership. This position reports to the CEO.
Supervises: Directors of Campaign, Women’s Philanthropy, Senior Philanthropy Officer and Executive Assistant.
Essential Job Functions:
• Oversee the major gift division of the annual campaign, working in conjunction with the Senior Philanthropy Officer to steward and develop Stewardship and Giving Society Chairs, Pacesetter Event Chairs, and Pacesetter Campaign Chairs. Cultivate new major donor relationships.
• Participate as a member of the senior management team and provide consultation to the President and CEO on all philanthropy related issues.
• Develop an overall strategic plan for an integrated development model, which supports the overall mission of the organization. Involve professional peers and relevant lay leaders in the strategic development process to utilize their expertise and cultivate their support.
• Develop positive relationships with current major donors and provide stewardship to the donor cultivation process of the entire annual campaign.
• Working with the Campaign Director, ensure that the performance of all staff is actively managed and professional development and coaching opportunities are identified and implemented.
• Manage the overall relationship with relevant Boards and Committees, involving staff and lay leaders as appropriate. Ensure timely and accurate information is provided to ensure that campaign leadership feel fully supported.
• In conjunction with the Campaign Director:
- Ensure that donor information is effectively and efficiently maintained and prospect cultivation activity is appropriately tracked.
- Ensure that reporting systems are complete, efficient, accurate and monitored for quality control.
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to provide exceptional customer service to all donors and prospects.
• In conjunction with Lay Leadership, work with the marketing team to develop campaign materials and documentation to supplement campaign tactics.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts or business is required.
• Experience: 10 + years development experience in a non-profit is required. Federation experience is preferred.
• Proven ability to supervise, manage, lead, coach and develop a diverse group of professionals.
• Direct experience with management and/or organizational change initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and guide others in the strategic planning process.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality of work.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, plan and manage projects with minimal supervision.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain strong, productive relationships with donors, volunteers and constituents.
• Ability to set and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills including both verbal and written and strong public speaking skills.
• Ability to manage statistical data in order to assess fundraising effectiveness and devise strategic plans.
• PC literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft Office programs and Raiser’s Edge.
• Ability to travel and work in off-site settings on a regular basis. Ability to work evenings, weekends or irregular hours as necessary to interact with donors and prospects and attend relevant meetings and events.
|Notice to Candidates:||Applications are reviewed by a 3rd Party Recruiter or other Service Provider.|