We are looking for a passionate and creative professional to serve as Program Manager for Hillel International’s Israel Action Program. The top candidates will understand how to effectively engage students and campus community members around proactive Israel programming and use relationship building skills to mentor and support Hillel professionals. The manager will work closely with Hillel International and local Hillel professionals to develop Israel educational and engagement programming and to effectively respond to anti-Israel catalysts on campus, with an emphasis on smaller campuses and those with limited staffing and resources.
The Israel Action Program Manager will report to the Director of the Israel Action Program and act as a member of the Israel Action Program team. This position can be based at Hillel International offices in Washington, DC. or NYC (when our offices reopen), or can be remote. We have a strong preference for someone located in the midwest or southeast - especially when travel resumes. When travel resumes this position will be expected to travel about 40% of the time. The salary range for this position is $60,000-68,000.00.
What You’ll Own
- Provide support for a cohort of smaller campuses, helping them develop and implement Israel education and engagement programming
- Develop proactive educational programming specifically geared towards smaller Hillels
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with pro-Israel partner organizations on a local and regional level
- Serves as campus consultant for Hillels facing crises and catalysts, as needed
- Develop joint programming opportunities for multiple Hillels, including international programs
- Manage programs designed to engage Hillel student leaders around proactive Israel programming
- Develop and implement a wellness program to support Hillels facing anti-Israel and anti-Semitic activities on campus
What You've Accomplished
- Understanding of the Middle East and Israel’s current affairs
- Experience in informal education
- Experience in the Jewish communal/non-profit world
- Some proficiency in Hebrew
- Experience working with Israelis and or other cultures
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- 4-6 years’ experience working in a related field
- Flexible and willing to learn “on the fly”
- Outgoing relationship builder
- Consensus builder: demonstrated experience with navigating various stakeholders
- Community organization skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Comfortable with work ambiguity
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects tasks at the same time
- Interest and personal connection to Israel
What We're About
Hillel International, the largest Jewish campus and community-based organization in the world serving the college-age population, seeks to inspire every Jewish student to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Working with hundreds of thousands of students globally, Hillel serves students at more than 500 colleges, universities and communities. In addition to its presence on more than 450 North American campuses, Hillel works in more than 55 cities in Israel, the Former Soviet Union, Latin America, Australia, and the United Kingdom. Hillel meets all of these students during this most formative time of their lives and engages, educates and inspires these future leaders to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
About Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.