Executive Assistant/Development Associate Responsibilities:
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director and Director of Development including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments and completing expense reports.
• Work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Development to keep them informed of and prepared for upcoming commitments and responsibilities, monitoring and responding to emails when necessary to ensure appropriate follow up.
• Communicate directly, and on behalf of the Executive Director and Director of Development with Board members, Foundation Leadership, donors, staff and vendors, etc.
• Perform general office duties such as faxing, making copies, filing, distributing mail and ordering supplies.
• Opening, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
• Processing incoming checks, prepare copies for Development Operations Manager and prepare checks for bank deposits.
• Process all invoices and HR related functions with outsourced finance and human resource firms.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree required and a 3-5 years of experience with donor relations, marketing and executive assistant responsibilities reporting directly to senior management
• Expert level experience with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat or another graphics software package.
• Raiser’s Edge Donor database and Constant Contact e-marketing experience a plus.
• Strong organizational and project management skills, attention to details and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
• Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal (phone) skills that can be called forward on behalf of the Executive Director, Director of Development, and the Board.
• Ability to anticipate and use intuition, judgment, business/organizational knowledge, motivational techniques and personal leadership to meet the Executive Director, Director of Development and Board member needs.
• Motivated and rewarded by helping others perform at the highest levels in service of the organization and its mission.
• Ability to create and sustain strong working relationships; including the ability to effectively partner with high-level outside influencers and to collaborate with Leadership, Board Members and staff at all levels.
• Ability to identify creative solutions that address time, budget, quality, with demonstrated skill in negotiation.
• Gift processing and acknowledgement
• Data entry
• Research and feed prospects for Development staff