Development Associate – Full time/Part time
Friends of Yad Sarah, Inc.
Friends of Yad Sarah is seeking a Development Associate to assist with the administration of a growing annual giving program. The Development Associate will report to the Executive Director, work with USA staff remotely and in midtown NYC office, interacting with colleagues at all levels throughout the organization. This is an excellent introduction to the work of a development office for a candidate with strong organizational and communications skills. Growth opportunity for the right candidate.
Major responsibilities will include:
• Assist Executive Director in developing prospects and procuring gifts.
• Assist with data entry; process donations and manage tribute acknowledgements.
• Prepare lists, mailings, and special correspondence including individual acknowledgement letters.
• Assist with coordination of donor cultivation and stewardship activities
• Assist with digital marketing initiative; knowledge of Constant Contact a plus.
• Prepare reports and documents to comply with annual audit.
• Assist with administrative tasks related to planned giving program.
• Manage online gift shop, fulfilling and trafficking orders.
• Assist with financial reporting. Knowledge of Quickbooks a plus.
• Procure office supplies and submit bills for payment on a timely basis.
Requirements: BS or BA degree; self-starter. Excellent computer skills, solid writing, organizational and communication skills. Passion for Israel philanthropy and familiarity with the USA Jewish community. Commitment to the Yad Sarah mission. Knowledge of Hebrew a plus.
Compensation: Competitive salary, generous fringe benefits for full time employee.
About Yad Sarah: Yad Sarah is Israel’s leading volunteer-staffed organization, providing a vital array of compassionate health and home care services for all ages. Yad Sarah’s free services are delivered by over 7,000 volunteers in more than 100 branches, and bring hope and help to the frail elderly, the homebound, victims of terror attacks and children with special needs. For more information, please visit www.friendsofyadsarah.org.
For immediate consideration: Please submit a resume and cover letter. No phone calls, please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.