This position reports directly to the Executive Director, providing administrative support to the overall operations of Temple Emanu-El. Including responsibility for supporting the Board president, corresponding with the Board of Trustees and Executive Committee.
Professional Requirements and Skills:
• Energetic, friendly demeanor, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong project management skills, with an ability to manage multiple projects at one-time Computer experience including proficiency in
Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and some database experience
• A team player who enjoys working cooperatively with lay leadership, congregants, and staff
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to manage deadlines, with attention to detail and effective oral and written communication skills
• Board meeting preparation- accumulation of materials and attend meetings to record minutes.
• Approve and process Temple calendar events.
• Maintain Executive Director, committee, and miscellaneous files and calendar.
• Distribute meeting notices and coordinate various committee meetings.
• Assist with supply acquisition and office equipment repair.
• Assist with telephone voice mail maintenance; review and recording messages.
• High Holy Days processing.
• Order memorial plaques, maintain appropriate files, and provide instructions to maintenance to place plaques in the memorial room.
• Assist the President with correspondence, emails, or notices.
• Update Board web portal with accurate meeting documents.
• Work with the Executive Director and President on Board Meeting agenda.
• Collaborate with Clergy Assistants on Temple matters.
• Maintain committee and miscellaneous correspondence files.
• Assist with the Temple Foundation meetings and files.