JOB TITLE Clinician, Family and Marriage
REPORTS TO Senior Director, Clinical Services
DIRECT REPORTS None
DEPARTMENT Clinical Services
The role of a Clinician at Jewish Family Service (JFS) is to provide high quality clinical services consistent with the agency mission and professional standard practices. Through office and/or home visits, the clinician will provide assessment, evaluation and diagnostic services consistent with the current diagnostic and statistical manual. The Clinician must uphold the agency’s mission and values and be a loyal ambassador of the agency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Refers appropriate persons to JFS and other Jewish and general community resources.
• Provides counseling as part of treatment plan using a variety of modalities including but not limited to individual, couple, marital, and family therapy as appropriate, to address the needs of the client(s)
• Maintains an active caseload
• Provides services that are of the highest standard and that are culturally relevant to the clients served
• Coordinates concrete services as part of the treatment plan
• Organizes and facilitates groups and serves as a speaker on the agency's behalf
• Advocates on behalf of clients, when appropriate
• Serves on JFS committees and as an agency representative to appropriate community groups as assigned
• Performs intake, on call, and other direct services as required
• Develops and coordinates programs as assigned
• Works with volunteers and volunteer programs as necessary
• Serves as consultant/supervisor to agency staff/student in areas of professional expertise as assigned
• Provides service that is of the highest standard and is culturally relevant to the clients served.
• Completes all administrative tasks including but not limited to maintaining client records in an up to date, complete, clear and concise manner; provide, on schedule, information required by bookkeeping and for productivity purposes, adjust fees and clinical diagnosis as needed so as to provide for appropriate fee collection and insurance billing.
• Graduate from an accredited master's level school with course work emphasizing clinical training.
• LCSW, PhD or LPC
3 years experience treating couples and families
• Ability to convey empathy and concern for individuals and their families
• Ability to be flexible to handle the versatility of the position and its periodic crises