Milton Gottesman Jewish Day Schools seeks innovative, energetic, and dedicated candidates to serve as Teaching Assistants for the 20-21 school year. Milton is an independent, pluralistic, coeducational Jewish community day school serving students in pre-kindergarten through grade 8, located in Northwest Washington, DC. Milton provides a student-centered experience inspiring students to reason, question, and analyze along with opportunities for independent thinking and creative expression infused with Jewish values and Hebrew language and culture. Milton students are global citizens who embrace the here and now, but learn skills for tomorrow’s world.
Teaching Assistants will help to implement the curriculum of in-person classes led by Milton teachers. These are unique positions for the 2020-2021 school year. The hours are 8:00 a.m - 3:30 p.m. Assistants are expected to adhere to the school's health protocols at all times.
Teaching Assistants will assist in multiple classes, including independent coverage and facilitation of small cohorts of students. They will:
• Implement classroom norms established by the lead teacher
• Assist in activities as designed by the lead teacher with small groups
• Help with class and material preparation
• Facilitate project work with small groups of students
• Supervise recess, lunch and activities in and out of classroom
• Work with smaller groups of students to clarify their understanding of the material
• Attend team and faculty meetings, where appropriate (these meetings may occur after 3:30 p.m.)
Teaching Assistants will be fully engaged in the life of the school and will be included in professional learning opportunities, be provided feedback and participate in our faculty program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to multitask in the classroom and practice flexibility
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Enjoy working in a cooperative, team-oriented environment
• Detail-oriented, with the capacity to effectively and efficiently manage numerous small and large tasks • Joy in working with young people
• Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
• A desire to seek feedback and practice a growth mindset
• High standards of professional conduct
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Prior experience working with [K-8] students in an educational environment is highly desirable
• Experience and confidence with a variety of technologies preferred
Milton is committed to staff diversity, equality, and continued professional growth. Milton provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or disability.