Are you a PR and communications superstar who’s terrific at task management and relationship building?
About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA’s (JNF-USA) strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
- An incredible mission backed by hundreds of thousands of partners, our donors, who support the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere
- An enthralling 120-year history as one of the world’s oldest environmentally focused philanthropic organizations
- An inclusive, supportive, and collaborative work culture where we play as a team, support each other and nurture creative minds
- A bold One Billion Dollar Road Map for the Next Decade that’s creating infrastructure, environmental, and economic opportunities to attract 500,000 people to Israel’s Negev Desert and 300,000 people to the Galilee
- An active and engaged lay leadership that supports and guides our professional team and our organization’s direction
- Days off for certain Jewish holidays (in addition to the secular US holiday calendar) along with “3pm Fridays” during winter
- Opportunities to visit Israel
- Top-notch Healthcare plus Dental and Vision, employer-paid Life Insurance, and Short and Long-term Disability
- 403(b) and Generous Employer Contributions.
Jewish National Fund-USA seeks to recruit a National Communications Manager. This position will report to the Director of Communications and work closely with campaign staff, marketing account executives, and colleagues. It is highly preferable that candidates can work out of JNF-USA’s Manhattan (NY) or Rockville Center (NY) offices.
- Receive and proactively seek PR assignments and requests from JNF-USA offices across the U.S.
- Assign tasks to external writers and internal team members using Salesforce
- Manage tasks assigned to stakeholders and maximize team effectiveness while preventing bottlenecks
- Develop, own, and maintain relationships with key media outlets and journalists
- Pitch stories to journalists and media outlets
o effective press releases
o direct mail fundraising letters
- Manage pool of U.S. based freelance writers
- Support content creation for external publications such as JNF-USA’s Year in Review
- Speech writing
- A Bachelor’s degree or 6+ years equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in the media, communications or PR world
- A portfolio of published written content
- A do-whatever-it-takes proactive attitude and you require minimal oversight
- An ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of an organization for various types of content; a keen sense of editorial judgment; detail-oriented; and experience writing copy including articles, press releases, op-eds, talking points, and speeches
- Experience building relationships with journalists and editors
- A demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize tasks, manage multiple moving pieces and stay cool under pressure
- An intellectually curiosity that enables you to see news and story angles where others don’t
- Impeccable writing and editing skills
- A desire to work for an organization that promotes respect, accountability and collaboration
- An ability to connect with anyone and a track-record of building relationships with key stakeholders.
- High EQ
You may also have:
- Knowledge of common style guides (e.g., AP, APA, Chicago) and how to apply them correctly
- A basic understanding of Israeli and Jewish history, practices and events
- Project Management experience
- Some understanding of print production and the creative process
- Experience using Salesforce
- Qualifications in Marketing, Business, Communications, Journalism, or Literature