About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA’s strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel. This position can be located in the Boston, NJ, NYC, DC, Philadelphia, or Baltimore.
- An incredible mission backed by hundreds of thousands of partners, our donors, who support the land and people of Israel and Jewish people - everywhere
- An enthralling 119-year history as one of the world’s oldest environmentally focused philanthropic organizations
- An inclusive, supportive, and collaborative work culture where we play as a team, support each other and nurture creative minds
- A bold One Billion Dollar Road Map for the Next Decade that’s creating infrastructure, environmental, and economic opportunities to attract 500,000 people to Israel’s Negev Desert and 300,000 people to the Galilee
- An active and engaged lay leadership that supports and guides our professional team and our organization’s direction
- Days off for select Jewish holidays (in addition to the secular US holiday calendar) along with “3pm Fridays” during winter
- Opportunities to visit Israel
- Top-notch Healthcare plus Dental and Vision, employer-paid Life Insurance, and Short and Long-term Disability
- 403(b) and Generous Employer Contributions.
Jewish National Fund-USA seeks to recruit a National Campaign Director to be responsible for developing and implementing the short- and long-term philanthropic strategies for the Campaign within the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. The regions that the candidate will be supervising are Tristate, Eastern Pennsylvania, New England, Southern and Central NJ, Washington DC, Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia.
In conjunction with Senior Management, this position identifies and leads new development opportunities throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic and working with the local managers to help recruit and manage new Boards with lay leaders to help with growth. The National Campaign Director will focus on the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of high-net worth individuals with a major focus on the New York area.
The successful candidate must be an experienced professional who is a "go-getter" and must combine sophisticated leadership with an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, results-oriented, and have a clear passion for the JNF mission and Israel. Candidates may come from a variety of backgrounds such as having held a leadership role in the corporate sector, Senior Development Officer or equivalent in a major nonprofit organization, hospital, museum, historical society, major library, or in the academic arena such as a president and/or dean of a college or university. Experience working with or serving on a Board of Directors is essential. The National Campaign Director will be involved with funding sources and looking at trends, with foresight, to help position JNF ahead of major funding changes; utilize best practices and innovative fundraising approaches. The candidate will attend targeted industry conferences that support annual stewardship and cultivation goals. The Candidate must be able to utilize the JNF Salesforce database to manage donor and prospect relationships.
This position requires extensive travel throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic and occasional travel to other States and Israel.
- At least 10 years of progressive responsibility and experience in fundraising, sales, or a client driven business
- Extensive experience working with senior-level executives
- Strong supervision skills
- Significant experience leading and growing successful fundraising/sales functions including building strategies to strengthen and increase funding from a diverse range of sources including individual donors, private corporations and philanthropic foundations
- Excellent decision-making skills and the ability to balance multiple data points, stakeholders, and overall funding landscape in designing and implementing fundraising strategies
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, as well as an interest in advancing the organizations fundraising function to be even more strategic, innovative, and results-oriented
- Strong communication skills including experience in presenting and public speaking
- Experience with Salesforce preferred or similar data management systems