The Savannah Jewish Federation and Jewish Educational Alliance (Savannah’s JCC) are searching for an energetic, passionate professional to assume the position of Community Impact Coordinator. This exciting position is responsible for programming various aspects in the Savannah Jewish community.
A relentless change agent, the Savannah Jewish Federation is continuously working to strengthen and build the local Jewish community. Professional development opportunities and excellent supervision are provided by the Savannah Jewish Federation.
The Savannah Jewish Federation is housed at the Jewish Educational Alliance and work together seamlessly on most programs. Being a Jewish professional in a small Jewish community has its advantages. This position truly gets to “do it all” which will make your breath of experiences unique – and no two days the same! The portfolio of this position includes campaign, engagement initiatives, community programming, planned giving, leadership development, fundraising and community planning & allocations for both the Federation and JCC.
Savannah is one of America’s most desirable historical communities featuring wonderful southern hospitality, world class culture, spectacular weather year-round (no snow!) and a 285 year history of high-quality Jewish life. The Jewish community in Savannah is warm and so welcoming. Southern Hospitality continues to remain a strong value.
This is an exciting time for the Savannah Jewish Community... join our team!
Scope of Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
o Fundraising Events:
- Create, guide and execute large scale fundraising events such as:
• Annual JEA Gala: Supervise all facets of gala including theme, menu, décor, auctions, etc
• Oy Vey 5K Run/Walk: supervise all facets of the 5K including sponsorships, organization, outreach and marketing
o Corporate Giving:
- Develop corporate sponsorship models & packages
- Build and maintain strong external relationships with potential sponsors, corporate partners, and supporters
- secure corporate sponsorships
o Federation Annual Campaign
- Support the annual campaign through relationship building, organizational skills and supporting the lay leadership
o Develop new fundraising opportunities
• Community Programs
o Oversee and manage community programs and events such as concerts, speaker series and meetings.
o Promote programs in and around the community. Be a community leader.
• Engagement Initiatives
o Work with the team to create and manage the community’s “Babies to Bubbies” seamless engagement opportunities including working with PJ Library, youth movements, young adults through seniors
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Take an entrepreneurial approach to creating programs in the community
• Build and maintain relationships with community partners
• Design and oversee new programming based on community needs
• Work independently while being a part of a dynamic team of professionals
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in one of the following areas: Jewish Education, Jewish Studies, non-profit management, Social Work or similar
• 2+ years experience working within a Jewish or non-profit organization
• Willing to work some nights and weekends
• Strong knowledge of basic office computing, including MS Office and social networking
• Experience managing a budget
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
• Highly organized with proven ability to manage multiple tasks
• Sound work ethic and flexibility to get the job done
• The ability to create positive relationships with community members
• Ability to think creatively
• Someone eager to join a team of professionals who are making great strides to help shape the local Jewish Community.