We want all applicants to be aware that even though we are dealing with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we are still recruiting for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Interviews for qualified applicants will be conducted by phone and video conferencing.
ABOUT THE JOB
Magen David Yeshivah Early Childhood Center, a Jewish Preschool located in Brooklyn, is offering highly competitive salaries for experienced Early Childhood Lead Teachers with Master's degrees for the 2020-2021 school year. Moving toward actively creating a constructivist approach to education, we are becoming a Reggio-inspired school bringing in new staff and new leadership. Our teachers participate in school-wide Professional Development programs as well as courses and conferences of individual interest. Our faculty is a true Community of Learners and teachers thrive in an environment of support and growth. Now is an exciting time to join us!
- In a classroom environment, Teachers will plan and supervise a warm, nurturing developmentally appropriate environment for the development of the whole child while integrating a program of both Limudei Hol and Limudei Kodesh under Magen David Yeshivah’s high level of care and educational standards.
- Head Teacher will design and maintain a classroom environment that facilitates active, hands-on learning, group management, self-expression and choice, and inclusion of all children, parents, volunteers and staff.
- Cultivate core Jewish values such as kindness, respect, compassion and integrity within students.
Why Magen David:
- Monthly Professional Development Opportunities.
- State of the art technology in the classrooms.
- Strong work life balance.
- A supportive environment where your opinions are heard and valued.
- A warm mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch.
- Private transportation from Manhattan can be provided for faculty.
- The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
- Lead teacher should have a Master’s degree or near completion and at least 2-3 years experience working in a progressive early childhood environment.
- Hold certification and/or license in Early Childhood Education.
- All candidates should be warm, nurturing, creative, engaging, and have a passion for working with young children.
- Knowledge of the Jewish Holidays.
- Experience in emergent curriculum is a plus.
- A background in constructivist- play based settings is a plus.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
Learn more and watch a video about working at Magen David Yeshivah.