JGSI is looking for a Communications Manager to help us with our organizations external communications, student outreach and recruitment, make relevant, daily posts across our different channels, create and track Facebook ads, administer our social media efforts, assist in email marketing and liaise with CEO regarding various marketing campaigns. You will work closely with our CEO and COO to develop and execute the company's social media strategy (including community growth and content strategy)
This person will assist with all our social media, student recruiting via social media, as well as our communications which includes: our email lists, creating communications for donors as well as students. This is a REMOTE position and can be done from anywhere.
Role and responsibilities:
• Recruit current graduate students on all social media platforms to join our groups/pages etc, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn.
• Develop and coordinate all aspects of the Social media strategy
• Create and distribute MailChimp campaigns
• Develop custom targeting lists and integrated CRM campaigns
• Create and implement the Social media calendar for all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn).
• Manage and post to our various channels on an ongoing basis: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
• Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies and run social media campaign strategies
• Track performance across various platforms using internal and external analytics tools (Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, etc.)
• Analyze and report on social media content performance on a weekly and monthly basis. Utilize insights on trends and opportunities to recommend future marketing activities.
• Weekly meetings with the CEO to discuss strategy
• Manage our community on Facebook.
• Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g., Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, blog layout) and update accordingly
Create original, engaging content (photos and videos) for social media.
• Create and execute ads on Facebook
• 2 year of experience with professional social media and/or communication
• Professional experience with managing social media accounts on behalf of businesses
• Strong attention to detail, sentence structure, spelling, and grammar
• Relative flexibility in terms of schedule
• Ability to work as part of a team or work independently
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Graphic design skills and experience with programs a plus
• Must have experience with Mailchimp, Facebook Business Manager