The NexGen Leadership Director (NGLD) will administer these objectives: Strategically build the future leaders of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation and Community and engaging with expatriates to return to Milwaukee a growing and thriving location for young Jewish professionals.
1. Involve Jewish professionals ages 21 to 45 in building and strengthening our Jewish community.
2. Reach out to various professions and demographics, offering them a broad range of social, educational, philanthropic and leadership development opportunities.
3. Oversee and implement a strategic engagement plan aimed at developing young leaders’ involvement with the Milwaukee Jewish Federation (MJF) to include leadership development, philanthropy, and volunteerism.
• Develop and implement outreach and engagement activities
• Collaborate with other MJF departments to coordinate complimentary opportunities within the organization. Establish effective working relationship with other Milwaukee organizations doing NGLD programming in accordance with the plan
• Create marketing and communications plan – in coordination with MJF Marketing group, including traditional and social media to promote NGLD and its activities and impact
• Recruit and engage a group of exceptional young professionals to create a board structure for planning and engagement of others, create buzz amongst peers, and develop leaders.
• Develop and promote conferences to provide engagement and professional opportunities, particularly in the area of partnerships and collaborations.
• Oversee NGLD fundraising activities
• Oversee campaign for donors under 40
• Recruit and manage campaign volunteers (including NGLD campaign chair) and oversee their solicitations
• Renewal of the Ben Gurion Society ($1000) level among NGLD donors
• Identify potential National Young Leadership Council members
• Create solicitation and engagement plan for each steering/board member and other key participants and volunteers
• 30 Donor Relations Management assignments, including all steering/board members
• Solicit 100% of the YLC Board and committees with a face to face solicitation – either alone or with lay leader
• 40 face to face meetings/solicitations (also include 5 Legacy conversations)
• Other campaign responsibilities including phone solicitations, staffing events, etc. as necessary
• Recruit for leadership development missions
• Plan and execute 3 – 4 events in FY 20, in accordance with YLD plan
• Hold steering/board committee meetings in conjunction with events as appropriate
• Provide structure and management of the governance of committees serving the YLD programs.
• Create and manage a monthly board committee schedule and agenda along with the creation and management of YLD subcommittees
• Develop leadership training/programming curriculum, recruit for and run the Weinstein Fellowship for leadership development
• Organize 2 - 4 events for Weinstein Fellows alumni programming in FY 20
• Provide leadership development opportunities for current and potential Young Leadership Council Members
• Develop and execute event details
• Maintain budget for all events and programs
• Keep track of meeting minutes
• Input to data system all contact reports after visits, meetings, even
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree and master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of five (5) years non-profit development experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
• Experience working with donor / customer databases
• Experience using social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Tiktok
• Proven experience with young leadership development
• Proven track record of increasing constituent engagement
• Experience as a trailblazer for new and innovative programming to reinvigorate and grow the strong vibrant young Jewish community.
• Experience in event coordination and planning
• Experience with volunteer engagement and management
• Exceptional organization and communication skills (both written and oral)
• Ability to develop relationships and work with a diverse population
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work with short deadlines
• Strategic thinker, with proven success in strategic marketing, planning and/or analysis
• Proven ability to oversee projects from concept through execution
• Commitment to developing connections in the Greater Milwaukee area across Jewish professional lines
• Interest in working in the Jewish world and a desire to move Federation’s mission forward for the benefit of our community
• Fundraising experience, including face-to-face solicitation
• This position supervises the Outreach and Youth Philanthropy Coordinator
• This job operates in a professional office environment with pleasant working conditions, good lighting, ventilation, reasonable quietness, and reasonably regular work hours. This role frequently uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• This is largely a sedentary role; however occasional filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. On rare occasions it may be necessary to lift and/or move up to 15-20 pounds, usually waist high. There will be frequent computer usage which will require arm and hand dexterity as well as all vision abilities to be successful. The position requires attending many events including evening and weekend gatherings with engagement with others as an expectation.
• A successful candidate will be autonomous and entrepreneurial in workstyle who is excited about building a culture of leveraging connections and resources to engage and attract talent to the Milwaukee, WI area. A person who richly engages with people and has a vision of growth and success for the future of YLD.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required to perform the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.