Moishe (pronounced moy-shuh) House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four friends began hosting Shabbat dinners in their home, Moishe House provides a space for over 70,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers each year. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries, and we’re still growing.
Moishe House is seeking our first Director, Technology & Software Development to spearhead and manage all organizational technology strategy, software development, and team management. This position reports to the Chief Finance and Administrative Officer, and regularly collaborates with the Program and Development Teams.
Who you are and what you’ll do:
* You believe in our mission, and bring passion to the technology and software development work that supports it
* You have significant leadership and implementation experience, with strong management, communication, and organizational skills
* You’ll lead the technology team responsible for software development, delivery, and support, supporting the needs of the organization and our proprietary program tracking application, which uses a Ruby on Rails backend, React/React Native frontend (web and mobile), and Aurora MYSQL database
* You’ll support the use of and integration with third-party SaaS applications including SalesForce for Non-profits, Intacct Accounting and various web-based program sites to support a network of hundreds of constituents around the world
* You’ll manage vendor relationships, including the RFP process, Selection, Hiring, and ongoing work and collaboration with the internal team
* You’ll lead and manage the roll-out of new technologies to the user base, including communicating and training users effectively
* You’ll oversee HelpDesk prioritization of critical issues and resolution on a timely basis
* You’ll support the technology needs of our worldwide team of over 60 employees, including Google Office Suite, network and internet access, hardware support, and productivity tools including Slack, and have responsibility for data security and technology risk management, identifying and remedying security vulnerabilities throughout the organization.
* And last, but not least, you’ll embrace the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
We are looking for someone who has:
* Experience in leading a software development team toward excellence in serving the needs of the organization
* Demonstrated ability in directly leading software developers (internal and external), with substantial experience in addressing interpersonal conflicts/escalations, prioritizing resources to meet strategic goals, mentoring/coaching employees, conducting employee performance evaluations, and recruiting/retaining talent
* Demonstrated technical leadership in the areas of software architecture, database design, web development, mobile applications, quality assurance, load testing, and performance testing.
* A proven track record of delivering high quality releases on schedule, and handling the demands of a fast-growing team with multiple simultaneous releases, developing SaaS applications from concept to product launches, and post support activities.
* Experience leading Agile development projects
* Experience working across departments to achieve organizational goals
* Experience managing budgets and coordinating complex projects
* A desire to work in a small, fast-paced, strategic, and energetic environment, with strong attention to detail, resourcefulness, and ability and willingness to learn quickly, be organized, be proactive, deliver results, and demonstrate independent leadership
* Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication, collaboration, problem-solving, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to take risks and learn from unexpected situations when things don’t turn out as planned.
Minimum Required Experience:
Must have 5+ years’ experience managing a software development function, including direct supervision of developers and third-party development resources
* Minimum of at least 2 years full-time direct supervisory and leadership experience within a small, highly-effective software development team
* Deep familiarity with AWS technology stack; ability to set-up and manage development and production environments
* Significant experience in creating RFPs, managing the process, and identifying 3rd party resources
* Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.