Join the team responsible for all the "behind the scenes" of Hillel's Israel and Immersive Experiences! Reporting to the Vice President, Israel and Immersive Experiences, the Operations Director has direct oversight and is accountable for the effectiveness of internal operations as well as the administration, tracking, external reporting and coordination of this team's portfolios. Including IACT (Inspired, Active Committed, Transformed), Birthright, Onward Israel, and other experiences.
The Operations Director is responsible for working within the context of the VP’s teams to ensure each portfolio’s overall success; meeting internal organizational goals and targets as well as targets set by team members or stakeholders associated with each portfolio project.
The position will work with team members at all levels of Hillel's Schusterman International Center, donors and external partners.
This position can be based at Hillel International offices in Washington, DC., San Mateo, CA, Austin, TX, Boston, MA or NYC (when our offices reopen), or can be remote.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the VP of Israel and Immersive Experiences to ensure the smooth execution of portfolios and projects
- Coordinate the administration and strategy of multiple portfolios
- Work to ensure that each portfolio runs smoothly in partnership with team members
- Communicate with team members, organizational staff as well as donors and other stakeholders on a regular basis
- Prepare and manage budgets, advise teams on projects, and build and refine systems as necessary
- Work with the Measurement team to collect data on project outcomes
- Prepare and manage internal and stakeholder reporting, including grant reports and powerpoint decks based on collected data, in partnership with the Development Team
- Liaise with finance directors at local, national and international partner organizations
Who You Are
- Strong Analytical Skills - You can problem solve and develop and implement effective accounting and budgeting processes
- Strategic Vision and Agility—You think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
- Results— You’ve got a proven track record of meeting or exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; you consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen and the ability to deliver high quality programs while understanding and working within the limitations of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills – you can work effectively with all layers within the organization, regardless of formal structure.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
What You’ve Accomplished
Education: MBA or similar advanced degree required
Experience: 5 years of experience working and demonstrating success managing complex administrative projects and working with a wide variety of organizational levels and personalities.
What You’ll Get out of the Position
- Competitive salary between $85,000 and $90,000, benefits, and vacation time, including: 3 weeks of vacation leave and 3 weeks of sick time as well as parental leave. Hillel also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan.
- Opportunities for regular professional development and continuing education, including occasional (bi-annual) travel to conferences and events and internationally
About Hillel International
Founded in 1923, Hillel has been enriching the lives of Jewish students for nearly 100 years. Today, Hillel International is a global organization that welcomes students of all backgrounds and envisions a world where every Jewish student makes an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Hillel is dedicated to enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults at more than 550 colleges and universities and inspires them to direct their own path. During their formative college years, students are challenged to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives.
About Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.