Organization: Alpha Epsilon Phi Foundation
Role: Development Director
Reports to: Alpha Epsilon Phi Foundation President; works closely with Alpha Epsilon Phi Sorority Executive Director
Hours: 20 hours per week
Compensation: $28-$30 per hour
The Alpha Epsilon Phi Foundation, which promotes and supports the educational and philanthropic aims of Alpha Epsilon Phi sorority and its members, is seeking an ambitious, committed, and dynamic Development Director to lead fundraising operations. The Development Director will understand the essentials of fundraising and building donor relationships, and employ strong project management, strategic planning, and communication skills.
Alpha Epsilon Phi, a culturally Jewish sorority rooted in Jewish values, is dedicated to helping women become the best they can be. We prize individuality, encouraging each member to discover and develop talents and abilities that make her unique. We welcome exemplary women of all backgrounds who honor, respect, and appreciate our heritage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop fundraising strategies to target segmented donor audiences, such as collegians, young alumnae, first-time donors, and major donors
2. Manage donor and prospective donor information in Salesforce database.
3. Develop, cultivate, solicit and steward relationships with individual, corporate and foundation prospects and donors
4. Research and write grants and funding proposals
5. Write donor-facing communications, including but not limited to email and mail solicitations, reports, collateral, social media strategy and posts, and thank you notes
6. Assist in cultivation strategies for future AEPhi Foundation leadership
7. Provide administrative and marketing support to AEPhi Foundation, including AEPhi Foundation social media
8. Travel to one Foundation meeting annually, one Sorority summer convening annually, and occasional events or meetings as required and safe to do so
Qualifications and Experience
1. At least 3 years of development experience, ideally in Jewish and/or fraternal organizations
2. Proven track record in setting and achieving fundraising goals
3. Knowledge of all facets of fundraising including major gifts, and annual and planned giving
4. Understanding of donor segmentation and stewardship strategies
5. Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, ability to engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
6. Experience organizing intimate and medium-scale events
7. Experience creating and adhering to budget
8. Ability to work independently and take initiative
9. Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires evening and weekend work
10. Knowledge of Salesforce or comparable software
11. Bachelor’s degree required
Please submit a cover letter with a resume by email.