JCYS is seeking an experienced development professional to join our development team. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual with several years of development, fundraising, or related work experience. This individual has a passion for fundraising and will be committed to expanding the agency’s resource development across all sectors.
Key Functions & Responsibilities
• Prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and reports to a variety of foundations.
• Collaborate with key program staff to craft compelling narratives, obtain reporting metrics, develop project budgets, and evaluate progress toward goals.
• Support the Chief Executive Officer’s donor cultivation and stewardship efforts.
• Conduct prospect research on potential foundation and corporate supporters.
• Track status of the agency’s pending and completed proposals and reports, ensuring that all foundation deadlines are met in a timely manner.
• Manage donor and foundation data, which includes entering daily gift batches and maintain current constituents’ records.
• Prepare and process gift acknowledgment letters.
• Manage event execution and other development projects as needed.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, & Characteristics
• Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products and Adobe PDF required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent grammar and strong editing skills.
• A driven self-starter who is able work independently, as part of a team, and with off-site program staff.
• Strong project and time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure and effectively meet multiple internal and external deadlines.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Commitment to organizational efficiency, including best practices in database and project management.
• Highly adaptable to a variety of work processes and environments.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Communications or English degree preferred.
• 3+ years of relevant professional work experience.
• Commitment to and understanding of the mission of JCYS.
• Proven track record of building successful relationships.
• Experience navigating donor databases.
• Flexibility and willingness to work remotely and on-site.
• Positive, cheerful demeanor and interest in being part of a great work team.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Jewish Council for Youth Services is an (EEO) Equal Opportunity Employer